UK Politics

kalifire

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

You get the impression someone will disappear to the lords and he will be an MP again soon enough.

I thought the selling point of FPTP was to be able to vote out individual c**ts from sitting in parliament.

9 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I thought the selling point of FPTP was to be able to vote out individual c**ts from sitting in parliament.

The Lords has always been used to give losers seats after the democratic voice has been heard and until it is changed it will always be the way.

9 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

theoretically yes, but you often have to vote for an even worse c**t to get rid of the c**t you don't like

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2024 at 3:41 PM, LJS said:

Labour & Tories have made clear it would be off the agenda whatever the election result.

the snp force them into taking that stand byt trying to railroad them into it.(stuff like an  snp majority of mp's would be a mandate to open indie negotiations), scots need to realise there's more to sovereignty than banging on about their own.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The Green Party will come under more scrutiny now. They will also have a louder voice, I think both are good things.

scrutiny would be great so people don't swallow their bullshit - wonder if mr uninteresting has enacted green policy yet by turning his lights off.

Seems Labour are keeping, what they called in their manifesto, an 'ineffective' cull.

Such a Tory thing to do, kill wild animals pretending it will sort a man made problem.

Angry, much.

https://www.badgertrust.org.uk/post/confusion-and-disappointment-as-labour-now-say-they-will-not-end-the-badger-cull-immediately

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

scrutiny would be great so people don't swallow their bullshit - wonder if mr uninteresting has enacted green policy yet by turning his lights off.

MOD

Neil please refer to people by username and without insults this thread is much improved of late . would be great to keep it that way . Thank you 

15 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

You get the impression someone will disappear to the lords and he will be an MP again soon enough.

Could be even sooner:

16 minutes ago, lost said:

Could be even sooner:

Shockat Adams brother (not the man arrested) helped found an Islamist group the Friends of Al-Aqsa.

Edited by lazyred

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Seems Labour are keeping, what they called in their manifesto, an 'ineffective' cull.

Such a Tory thing to do, kill wild animals pretending it will sort a man made problem.

Angry, much.

https://www.badgertrust.org.uk/post/confusion-and-disappointment-as-labour-now-say-they-will-not-end-the-badger-cull-immediately

It's disgusting. If I remember right, there was a proper Govt Inquiry years ago that said the cull wouldn't work.

19 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Whats the issue? If you are a green MP and your choice is the destruction of a sizeable amount of green space to get electricity from A to B or to not do that, I think its fairly clear that you’d choose to not do that?

It is clear that Labour are worried about the greens though, and that over the next 5 years they should expect to be given the Corbyn treatment.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Whats the issue? If you are a green MP and your choice is the destruction of a sizeable amount of green space to get electricity from A to B or to not do that, I think its fairly clear that you’d choose to not do that?

It is clear that Labour are worried about the greens though, and that over the next 5 years they should expect to be given the Corbyn treatment.

depends if priority is to de-carbonise as quickly and as cheaply as possible, or those green spaces.

Not sure how it is clear Labour are worried about greens at all. Zero carbon power by 2030 was in their manifesto...and this whole pylons in Anglia thing pre-dated this govt anyway...previously is was local tory MPs moaning about it...

f**k all to do with Corbyn either.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

depends if priority is to de-carbonise as quickly and as cheaply as possible, or those green spaces.

Not sure how it is clear Labour are worried about greens at all. Zero carbon power by 2030 was in their manifesto...and this whole pylons in Anglia thing pre-dated this govt anyway...previously is was local tory MPs moaning about it...

f**k all to do with Corbyn either.

An issue on the left wing generally, and the Green party specifically, is letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. It happened with Corbyn's Labour, and it's happened for the Greens before about wind power, wave power, nuclear power. I think their councillors have done a good job in Bristol and Carla has generally spoken responsibly about this,

I'm not going to give the Greens a free pass if they're going to impede more efficient energy by indulging NIMBYism. I want the party as a whole to grow up.

22 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

They don't want pylons, they don't want solar farms, they don't want HS2, they don't want nuclear power. They just don't want anything built. Embarrassing party.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

MOD

Neil please refer to people by username and without insults this thread is much improved of late . would be great to keep it that way . Thank you 

Has he turned his lights off or is he noise not action.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

An issue on the left wing generally, and the Green party specifically, is letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. It happened with Corbyn's Labour, and it's happened for the Greens before about wind power, wave power, nuclear power. I think their councillors have done a good job in Bristol and Carla has generally spoken responsibly about this,

I'm not going to give the Greens a free pass if they're going to impede more efficient energy by indulging NIMBYism. I want the party as a whole to grow up.

In the end he did it because it is obviously a big issue in that area and he wanted to win. Simple as that.

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

In the end he did it because it is obviously a big issue in that area and he wanted to win. Simple as that.

Oh yes, and pandering to NIMBYism is losing my respect. I don't think it's surprising but it's same old politics.

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

Has he turned his lights off or is he noise not action.

Yeah cause the only way you can possibly be in favour of green policies is to live like a caveman! Good point.

It's a bit like you telling people not to fly when you've flown plenty yourself and bragged about spending this summer on a yacht.. which I'm assuming didn't actually happen lol