UK Politics

kalifire

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Honeymoon. Won't last.

This is new drilling..right? What about all the new licenses granted?

arent new licences new drilling ? maybe I misunderstood but im pleasantly surprised so far tbh 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Watery shite. Nothing will change. Some innovative accountancy. Bonuses will become salary. Water companies will use the investment pot (if they dont just defer spending it until the next parliament) to pay related companies with the same directors, overcharge them and then pay them big fat dividends through that.

Steve Reed is an antisemitic idiot.

16 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Watery shite. Nothing will change. Some innovative accountancy. Bonuses will become salary. Water companies will use the investment pot (if they dont just defer spending it until the next parliament) to pay related companies with the same directors, overcharge them and then pay them big fat dividends through that.

disgraceful to use antisemitism as a factional weapon.

23 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Is nothing that they do good news ? There’s kind of a theme here ? 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Is nothing that they do good news ? There’s kind of a theme here ? 

Sure. Very good to signal devolvement of further powers to the regions, appointed a good guy to lead the big nhs review in lord darzi, good that hilary benn has talked up the uk govts neutrality on norirish constitutional matters as per GFA.

But Steve Reed was always destined to be one of the least effective members of the government and so it goes. Water is one of the major issues of the day, and its amateur hour.

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Sure. Very good to signal devolvement of further powers to the regions, appointed a good guy to lead the big nhs review in lord darzi, good that hilary benn has talked up the uk govts neutrality on norirish constitutional matters as per GFA.

But Steve Reed was always destined to be one of the least effective members of the government and so it goes. Water is one of the major issues of the day, and its amateur hour.

I’m taking the early changes around water as good news … ultimately you may be right but the last govt did jack sh*t to make any attempts for the better … this is at least a very early positive sign 

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m taking the early changes around water as good news … ultimately you may be right but the last govt did jack sh*t to make any attempts for the better … this is at least a very early positive sign 

Fair dos. But I can tell you now that this wont change a thing. If this is the sum of their ambition, you can expect millions of gallons of sh*t still ending up in the waterways in 2029, bills higher, dividends still paid out.

Water supply is a natural monopoly. Nationalise it.

IMG_2122.jpeg

1 minute ago, mattiloy said:

Fair dos. But I can tell you now that this wont change a thing. If this is the sum of their ambition, you can expect millions of gallons of sh*t still ending up in the waterways in 2029, bills higher, dividends still paid out.

Water supply is a natural monopoly. Nationalise it.

IMG_2122.jpeg

I agree there should be no profit in water at all ..... but it's still very very early days ... we dont know the sum of their ambition this is first steps id suggest , they wont want this being a visible problem at the next general election as it could be used as a very obvious thing to be targeted ... its visual 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I agree there should be no profit in water at all ..... but it's still very very early days ... we dont know the sum of their ambition this is first steps id suggest , they wont want this being a visible problem at the next general election as it could be used as a very obvious thing to be targeted ... its visual 

it would be bold if they nationalised water in their first week. 

(and expensive)