UK Politics

kalifire

3 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Final Cass Report Summary page 33 section 86:

86. It has been suggested that hormone
treatment reduces the elevated risk of death
by suicide in this population, but the evidence
found did not support this conclusion

Hilary Cass is the former president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. Her critics are well known trans activists. Who to believe?

Once again, "the evidence found" was based on dismissing evidence that didn't use double-blind trials. There's a wealth of evidence shown and recommended both internationally and in the UK that was ignored by the Cass report, and stated as ignored in it.

But, this isn't going to get anywhere, you're going to dismiss me and anyone whose evidence or report I cite as a "trans activist", and I'm going to dismiss the only source you have because it's been discredited by so many respected institutes.

Just now, kaosmark2 said:

Once again, "the evidence found" was based on dismissing evidence that didn't use double-blind trials. There's a wealth of evidence shown and recommended both internationally and in the UK that was ignored by the Cass report, and stated as ignored in it.

But, this isn't going to get anywhere, you're going to dismiss me and anyone whose evidence or report I cite as a "trans activist", and I'm going to dismiss the only source you have because it's been discredited by so many respected institutes.

As before that is not true. Just read the report.

The Cass Report talks about the difficulties of assessing evidence when double blind trials are unavailable. They commissioned a team from York University to review all the evidence and it was ranked using an accepted methodology. The high and moderate ranked studies were given more consideration

6 minutes ago, lazyred said:

As before that is not true. Just read the report.

The Cass Report talks about the difficulties of assessing evidence when double blind trials are unavailable. They commissioned a team from York University to review all the evidence and it was ranked using an accepted methodology. The high and moderate ranked studies were given more consideration

don't have to read report...they did a FAQ thing to counter this stuff they were getting from stonewall etc

Final report – FAQs – Cass Review

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

top-tip...to embed tweet you have to paste in original, then edit x.com to twitter.com, then copy again, then delete, then paste in as text, say a few hail mary's and hey presto...

Ahh nice one buddy thank you. I’d changed it to Twitter but it didn’t work and thought it was easier just to post the general message. Didn’t realise I had to copy and paste again.👍🏼

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

"NEW: The governing body of the doctors’ union - the BMA - will vote tomorrow on a motion to ‘disavow’ the Cass Review into the care provided to gender-questioning children and young people.

Blimey. I guess I'll have to be on the government's side

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Thought we were supposed to do less conspiratorial vitriol now.

i reckon we should do more, if it gets trump shot again. 😛 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, steviewevie said:

a year ago each of the four premiers where people of colour, now there's none.

6 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

IMG_2555.thumb.jpeg.5dfed9c5a9edcd4d0ff0625a56a623ce.jpeg

reminds me of ex-bristol_mayor marvin rees who always seemed to be jetting round the world at anyone's expense but his own - normally his favourite developer.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

reminds me of ex-bristol_mayor marvin rees who always seemed to be jetting round the world at anyone's expense but his own - normally his favourite developer.

Rees reminds you of Farage? 

Bloody hell 🙄

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Rees reminds you of Farage? 

Bloody hell 🙄

jetting round the world at anyone's expense but his own 

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Despite being a Green voter I have to say I am disappointed in this cos we have to build things somewhere but he really could come out and make  afar noisier arguement for the alternative of setting up offshore grid stations which is a good idea (cheaper than the pylons etc) but rarely mentioned. Burying the cables is vastly expensive and wrecks the landscape more than erecting pylons.

Still, given we need the grid sorted to carry all the electricity to meet Labour's pledge for 100% green elec by 2030 this and other naysayer campaigns will give them a good excuse for failing to meet that pledge - which they will fail to meet.

Still, the UK will not be alone in failing to meet targets, pretty much the whole of the 'rich world' will fail whilst China succeeds and makes us all look more stupid.

1 minute ago, lost said:

More objections here too:

Solar panels are far better of roofs anyway and can be connected tlo the grid from there with ease, so I have not idea why anyone wants fields full of them that then need connecting to the grid.

It sometimes feels like it is all being set up to fail.

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Solar panels are far better of roofs anyway and can be connected tlo the grid from there with ease, so I have not idea why anyone wants fields full of them that then need connecting to the grid.

It sometimes feels like it is all being set up to fail.

cost/time etc