UK Politics

kalifire

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A very strange jump on the bandwagon tweet from Racist Nige - the rioting was being carried out by people of all races, many good old white English folk joining in.
Maybe his blinkers block white folk.

That is exactly the case, he just jumps on any opportunity to drive his racist drivel.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe Labour will repeal these new laws? 

I actually think there should be some sort of punishment for this and you can't just use we're worried about climate change as an excuse, but not silly prison sentences like the ones dished out to this lot. Short suspended sentence or a fine or community service planting trees or something.

What about people who commit major white collar crime, such as financial fraud, which causes more harm/violence/suffering than the likes of robbery?

Remember being caught up in the Bradford riots visiting a mate in 2001. Difference is twitter wasn't a thing then, seems to be huge amounts of U.S and Indian accounts retweeting this stuff

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Err...you want my opinion of level punishment for a range of crimes?

I don't know, I guess depends how bad. 

Yes. If you're saying that peaceful protest needs a severe deterrence, I'm curious as to what deterrence you want to put on other crimes.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

Yes. If you're saying that peaceful protest needs a severe deterrence, I'm curious as to what deterrence you want to put on other crimes.

I said some sort of punishment in this case, blocking the M25...but not an actual prison sentence. Again just all depends on each individual case 

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I said some sort of punishment in this case, blocking the M25...but not an actual prison sentence. Again just all depends on each individual case 

In this case,the guy had 10 previous convictions and was on a suspended sentence...

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

think we need to just get the basics right before getting all excited about AI.

AI could be superb if it were aimed and and used to make lives better for everyone everywhere.

Sadly it is going to be used for 2 main things:
1) Make more profit by scrapping human jobs
2) To hack systems to cause countries and their populations trouble

It's amazing looking back at num erpous Sci-Fi films and books how many had huge amounts fairly well represented about the, then, future.

I can't say I have seen any films or books that project AI as anything but an utter disaster.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

AI could be superb if it were aimed and and used to make lives better for everyone everywhere.

Sadly it is going to be used for 2 main things:
1) Make more profit by scrapping human jobs
2) To hack systems to cause countries and their populations trouble

It's amazing looking back at num erpous Sci-Fi films and books how many had huge amounts fairly well represented about the, then, future.

I can't say I have seen any films or books that project AI as anything but an utter disaster.

It's the IT updates you have to watch out for