UK Politics

kalifire

On one of the football messageboards I use someone has the solution, send the Muslim criminals back to where they came from. When told most Muslim criminals in Britain were born in Britain he said send them and their parents, grandparents back if needed. It’s scary to think some of these people have these views.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The other thing with this housing asylum seekers in hotels thing is has apparently cost £6.4bn. I mean wt a f.

It's one of the ridiculous things about cuts. They cut the people processing asylum claims, and now it costs far more because they have to live somewhere until the claims get processed.

A similar example of where a cut has cost huge amounts of money, is they sold off the X-Ray machines and stopped paying for radiographers at BRI (Bristol's most central hospital), but now whenever someone goes there for A&E for a potential break, they pay for a taxi to-and-from the outskirt hospitals, costing twice as much as having the capability to have x-rays done.

The Tory govt were absolute idiots.

29 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

On one of the football messageboards I use someone has the solution, send the Muslim criminals back to where they came from. When told most Muslim criminals in Britain were born in Britain he said send them and their parents, grandparents back if needed. It’s scary to think some of these people have these views.

Maybe riots will die down when new season starts and they'll have something else to do on the weekend.

28 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe riots will die down when new season starts and they'll have something else to do on the weekend.

This coming weekend will probably be the interesting one. Given that what happened this weekend had a bunch of agitators pushing to orchestrate it, it was the first one, on one of the hotter weekends, it feels to me like that's the biggest it'll get. I just don't see them having the numbers to sustain things.

I don't think this'll touch the 2011 riots in duration.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Global market crash! So...will falling interest rates and equities and things be a help for Reeves' 22bn fiscal hole in that will make debt repayment cheaper?

Arguably this means that we should be doing more borrowing to invest in infrastructure right now instead of worrying about servicing the debt.

I don't really think that'll happen though.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

This coming weekend will probably be the interesting one. Given that what happened this weekend had a bunch of agitators pushing to orchestrate it, it was the first one, on one of the hotter weekends, it feels to me like that's the biggest it'll get. I just don't see them having the numbers to sustain things.

I don't think this'll touch the 2011 riots in duration.

Hopefully scenes of hundreds of them being dragged off to police vans in dawn raids after being identified from footage might put a few of the dickheads off as well!

4 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Neither of these things qualify the rest of the quotes though do they? Both still clearly stink of anti migrant rhetoric.

Labour has sold migrants and particularly muslims down the river since 1997. It is institutionally islamophobic and must bear responsibility for its part in this. What ever happened to solidarity?

Yes they do, one shows they were talking about Tory policy not their own. The end bit left off says exactly that. Your post suggests he was talking about Labour policy.

If you want to know the context of the theirs then listen to the whole statement and it is obvious - if you wish to hear it of course

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

The other thing with this housing asylum seekers in hotels thing is has apparently cost £6.4bn. I mean wt a f.

It was done deliberatley buy the Tories to stoke anger and division - and boy has it worked.

There was never any need to use hotels, the chose to under fund the detention centres and then chose to use hotels rather than do up the detention centres.

21 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes they do, one shows they were talking about Tory policy not their own. The end bit left off says exactly that. Your post suggests he was talking about Labour policy.

If you want to know the context of the theirs then listen to the whole statement and it is obvious - if you wish to hear it of course

Neither mention that they want a change in policy to save money or for the sake of the asylum seekers, they talk directly to those that feel that having asylum seekers (and in the case of ashworth south asians in particular) in hotels is a blight on their local community. Its impossible to interpret it any other way. This line ’we want our hotels back’ is just one word (ie country instead of hotels) away from one of the far right chants ringing out this weekend, and thats not an accident.

These rioters didn’t care when a white nurse was convicted of murdering infants. In fact I suspect many were disappointed when they found the murderer in Southport was not a Muslim, but at least had some consolation that he sounded a bit foreign and didn’t have white skin. I think any idea that this was related to those poor girls in Southport needs to be shot down by everyone.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm baiting my kipper cousin who has an Irish immigrant background (with his parents pumped up high on Irish Catholicism), asking him if he ever campaigned for the Irish to be sent home?

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

You think they'll switch twitter off? What they f**k will I do? Some work? Talk to the family? Go outside? f**k!

If they switch Twitter off this thread would have to resort to other methods for screengrabs and content.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Neither mention that they want a change in policy to save money or for the sake of the asylum seekers, they talk directly to those that feel that having asylum seekers (and in the case of ashworth south asians in particular) in hotels is a blight on their local community. Its impossible to interpret it any other way. This line ’we want our hotels back’ is just one word (ie country instead of hotels) away from one of the far right chants ringing out this weekend, and thats not an accident.

Taking just 5 words out the middle of one sentence and that one out the middle of a long statement is to deliberatly select words to manipulate the whole of what was actually said.
Did you actually take the time to listen to all of what was said?

As for Ashworth, he said what was in the quote followed by "That's the Tory policy"

Those last words were removed and the rest used to say that it was what the Labour policy was and means they atre anti Muslim and immigration.

You really cannot change a context more than removing 'That's the Tory policy' and then saying it is the Labour policy.

Unless you are going to use ALL of what was said rather than just little parts or remove the very words that give the context then there is little poi t in discussing as you obviously have your agenda in choosing to manipulate in this way.

"Seriously? Since when have you claimed to understand British communities or British politics?"

"Exactly how many days have you spent with these communities? Does it ever occur to you that this might perhaps be the wrong time to sound off about a subject you know nothing about?"

Wise words from a former Tory, Rory Stewart. 

They could be directed at so many people all over the world currently taking to social media to tell us in the UK what is wrong and why it is wrong - these words were directed at Elon Musk, a vile husk of a human but so many others really could and should take note of them.

They won't though