UK Politics

kalifire

Just now, steviewevie said:

no I didn't. Stop endlessly making sh*t up.

Hit  a nerve there did I?

I can assure you that when the NI cuts were announced you never said they should reverse them and you did your normal attacking others for suggesting they should say so immediately.

You came round a while ago when the debt problems were found.

Not making sh*t up, I leave that to others who post here

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Hit  a nerve there did I?

I can assure you that when the NI cuts were announced you never said they should reverse them and you did your normal attacking others for suggesting they should say so immediately.

You came round a while ago when the debt problems were found.

Not making sh*t up, I leave that to others who post here

yes you did hit a nerve because you just keep making sh*t up.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yes you did hit a nerve because you just keep making sh*t up.

OK then, what is all this sh*t I make up?

Every single time, til now, I have said something others said was not true I have spent ages going back to find the posts and then quoted them - and every time that post was just ignored rather than anyone having the balls to say sorry and say I might just have been right.

On this occasion I shall take  a leaf out of your book and say 'I can't be arsed' to go back and find your quotes to prove what I have said is right, which it is. You were adamant that Labour keep the cuts was the right thing to do as saying they would reverse them would be used against them in the election.

Maybe you confused yourself about your opinion on stuff as it so often changes fast especially when you quote yourself and disagree which is quite hilarious. I am sure I will get some curt reply to this which I shall ignore cos like the other day on the international politics thread, you do like to try and stir up sh*t and cause arguments. I am sure my refusal to take the bait bugged the f**k out of you LOL

Have  a lovely evening and try to keep your curt reply to a few words making sure you use swears too 😉

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

OK then, what is all this sh*t I make up?

Every single time, til now, I have said something others said was not true I have spent ages going back to find the posts and then quoted them - and every time that post was just ignored rather than anyone having the balls to say sorry and say I might just have been right.

On this occasion I shall take  a leaf out of your book and say 'I can't be arsed' to go back and find your quotes to prove what I have said is right, which it is. You were adamant that Labour keep the cuts was the right thing to do as saying they would reverse them would be used against them in the election.

Maybe you confused yourself about your opinion on stuff as it so often changes fast especially when you quote yourself and disagree which is quite hilarious. I am sure I will get some curt reply to this which I shall ignore cos like the other day on the international politics thread, you do like to try and stir up sh*t and cause arguments. I am sure my refusal to take the bait bugged the f**k out of you LOL

Have  a lovely evening and try to keep your curt reply to a few words making sure you use swears too 😉

wtf...ok, so you'll just accuse me of something and then come up with some other bullshit to justify it. Barry Fish was a twat but at least he was an honest twat. I have multiple times said that the cut was sh*t and that labour should reverse it, but...yes... understood the politics around why they didn't want to reverse it...a trap with tax bombshells etc.

And I have no idea what you're on about with other threads. I guess I disagreed with you or something.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

They didn't know about the black hole unfunded stuff...6bn on hotels for asylum seekers and all reserve used up etc.

But yes whoever won was going to have to put up taxes.

she should hit  inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and reforming tax relief on pensions:should change a lot of the pension rules, and call it a wealth tax.

I see the right wing media are going after Labour saying they will increase fuel duty whilst handily forgetting it was the Tories that added the end date to the 5p cut - not that their readers will know about that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fuel-duty-extending-the-temporary-cut-in-rates-to-march-2025/extension-to-the-cut-in-fuel-duty-rates-to-march-2025

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

the replies to that tweet...😄

See I’m not sure on this … anyone that takes it up now is clearly mad but does hiding it create further issues and mean tax just won’t be collected and unregulated they will contain more sh*t than they already do ? What does smoking cost the nhs ? And what do they generate in tax revenue ? 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

See I’m not sure on this … anyone that takes it up now is clearly mad but does hiding it create further issues and mean tax just won’t be collected and unregulated they will contain more sh*t than they already do ? What does smoking cost the nhs ? And what do they generate in tax revenue ? 

yes, not sure either...I guess it is more the passive smoking thing, banning it where there may be families in particular...although obviously the risk is low if outside but then could be crowded. Same sort of arguments were made about covid and masks in certain areas.

Otherwise also in two minds...I get the argument about finances, and that people should be allowed to do what they want with their own body..but if due to lifestyle choices they are clogging up health services then well...not sure. 

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

https://ash.org.uk/media-centre/news/press-releases/smoking-costs-society-17bn-5bn-more-than-previously-estimated

• Thanks 1

Similar to the last labour government when we had the smoking ban and beer duty escalator.

Thing is I can't see anything reversing the decline in pubs now. Younger people do seem to be getting the message smoking and drinking is bad. One of my locals is off the main strip a bit but near the 6th form college so has generally survived by being one of the places where you have your first drink at 18 and then carry on going there. Its been pretty noticable that has stopped since covid and now there are maybe half a dozen older people in on a Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I see the right wing media are going after Labour saying they will increase fuel duty whilst handily forgetting it was the Tories that added the end date to the 5p cut - not that their readers will know about that.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fuel-duty-extending-the-temporary-cut-in-rates-to-march-2025/extension-to-the-cut-in-fuel-duty-rates-to-march-2025

It was in the tory plans every year to help get the figures past the OBR then scrapped and they borrowed more. 

Labour need to keep saying this is they tory plan we inherited. 

Helpfully for Labour the RAC are saying they should increase the duty because the retailers are screwing the public

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm2nrneym82o

31 minutes ago, lazyred said:

It was in the tory plans every year to help get the figures past the OBR then scrapped and they borrowed more. 

Labour need to keep saying this is they tory plan we inherited. 

Helpfully for Labour the RAC are saying they should increase the duty because the retailers are screwing the public

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm2nrneym82o

The RAC seem to think that if the 5p cut is scrapped that retailers will not increase prices as they never cut them........... I think the RAC is wrong.

22 pages
243 questions

and some wonder why people don't apply for pension credits and some have zero understanding of why such a form would cause some to worry and get confused.

https://news.sky.com/story/pensioners-face-daunting-task-of-answering-243-question-form-to-get-winter-fuel-payment-13205414

The worst part is that government computer systems will already know the answers to all the questions and know who should get pension credits but rather than allow those systems to talk to each others they prefer the application process as they know it puts people off and so saves money.