UK Politics

kalifire

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am saying just to use one of them for the conference, not all of them.

They have heaps of time and as I have said, and shown, before many do not even do constituency surgeries in the summer recess.

I thought Labour wanted to change people perception of politics and make the politicians 'serve' again. How is coming back off a break and then having another break to blow your own trumpet serving?

If they really want change then they could give lots of change with ease but I guarantee little or nothing in Parliamentary procedure will even get suggest for change after their review is finished.

They may have plenty of time off but I wouldn’t want the job even for that salary. I work 37.5 hours a week and I can guarantee most MPs work significantly more.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess I could direct them to a certain forum and they could then determine who is doing the bullshitting.

That would be interesting as they saw posts from you contradicting other posts from you LOL

There are some cracking ones out there where you said things you now deny ever saying and accuse people of making sh*t up.

Personally I think you post so much you forget what you have said where hence the problems of what others might see as contradiction. On July 27th you said that 'In hindsight' you thought Labour should not have agreed to keep the NI cut so prior to that you thought they should keep it (unless you are using the word hindsight wrongly) but then when I raise such stuff you get angry and accuse me of making sh*t up.

You also, at the start of March, posted about how Labour would have to raise taxes etc after getting elected with a landslide saying things are much worse than they thought - so you knew then things were bad, like we all did cos we too had read the IFS reports at the time but then later you deny ever saying such things.

I wonder how many other forums and chats etc you post in to the degree you do here and how you keep track of what you thought and when you thought it. It is so easy to look back and then question a change of view but it is very hard to then have any discussion when you just get accused of 'making sh*t up' when it is absolutely not the case.

Anyway, as always I am now off line (as I tend to be this time of night) and as always you will probably insult me and then Neil can down vote me too (oh the pain).

Have fun, contradict yourself all you want - I am quite happy that I am right as I have read the posts to which I refer.

Ta taimage.png.e0d358ea9b473faffc0224d6e5c99147.pngimage.png.00ac6247d886c8b81306e48df885a3b1.png

Edited by Nobody Interesting

47 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That would be interesting as they saw posts from you contradicting other posts from you LOL

There are some cracking ones out there where you said things you now deny ever saying and accuse people of making sh*t up.

Personally I think you post so much you forget what you have said where hence the problems of what others might see as contradiction. On July 27th you said that 'In hindsight' you thought Labour should not have agreed to keep the NI cut so prior to that you thought they should keep it (unless you are using the word hindsight wrongly) but then when I raise such stuff you get angry and accuse me of making sh*t up.

You also, at the start of March, posted about how Labour would have to raise taxes etc after getting elected with a landslide saying things are much worse than they thought - so you knew then things were bad, like we all did cos we too had read the IFS reports at the time but then later you deny ever saying such things.

I wonder how many other forums and chats etc you post in to the degree you do here and how you keep track of what you thought and when you thought it. It is so easy to look back and then question a change of view but it is very hard to then have any discussion when you just get accused of 'making sh*t up' when it is absolutely not the case.

Anyway, as always I am now off line (as I tend to be this time of night) and as always you will probably insult me and then Neil can down vote me too (oh the pain).

Have fun, contradict yourself all you want - I am quite happy that I am right as I have read the posts to which I refer.

Ta taimage.png.e0d358ea9b473faffc0224d6e5c99147.pngimage.png.00ac6247d886c8b81306e48df885a3b1.png

f**kin'ell.

My lawyers will be in touch.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I denied saying that they shouldn't raise NI..NI. what is your beef? 

Some weird childish sh*t to be honest...bit sick of it. I couldn't imagine arguing this bollocks as I get close to retirement...

Edited by steviewevie

it is ok to change your mind 🙂 ..... MY MP has clearly been working over the Summer and getting out into the constituency , theres jobs advertised in his office and unlike the previous Tory MP who only ever bothered with an election coming up . I remember Ozanne saying the Torys play politics on easy mode a few times and hadn't quite remembered the amount of hate levelled at Labour by the Tory press and others . As ever theres some stuff that I dont agree with with new govt but the amount of sh*t they get far outweighs what is sensible a few months into a new govt ... fortunately its early days and the new choice of Tory leader is also looking like an absolute mess , along with the reform lot hardly making any efforts to be constituency MPs much like Dorries . 

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2024 at 7:26 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

my lawyers came back with this

image.thumb.png.1b0a0e1f1d6f9e6e87304f5be3c67eb8.png

image.thumb.png.a62321f82c1860a654e818ccc28b0e8c.png

image.thumb.png.581f93f83a51ddc2b39e5f132d7cd16a.png

Edited by steviewevie

21 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Will today's tragedy in the channel force both sides to actually do something about these small boats? Surely France can do more to stop them, and there really needs to be a serious conservation about safe routes and allocations etc.

the French interior minister has said it our fault and blamed our economy and said its too attractive. Too many opportunites in the grey deliveroo driver and turkish barber shop sectors.

Edited by lost

24 minutes ago, lost said:

the French interior minister has said it our fault and blamed our economy and said its too attractive. Too many opportunites in the grey deliveroo driver and turkish barber shop sectors.

wow.

well whatever the reason it's time they considered safe routes so people don't die.

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

wow.

well whatever the reason it's time they considered safe routes so people don't die.

If as the French are suggesting they are economic migrants then safe routes wouldn't help. The issue seems to be people who know they can make good money whilst in the grey economy, no point in applying for asylum and potentially being rejected.

Edited by lost

10 minutes ago, lost said:

If as the French are suggesting they are economic migrants then safe routes wouldn't help. The issue seems to be people who know they can make good money whilst in the grey economy, no point in applying for asylum and potentially being rejected.

well they apply for asylum when they come here anyway...unless they just disappear from these hotels...

..and this bit about what french minister bloke said...

image.thumb.png.ff3f32205fe675f0bb890255dc0083a9.png

so yeah maybe they want to come here because they could likely get asylum accepted being from those countries listed..and could then find work. So, if accepted on our side of channel, and if then can work...then why not safe routes?