UK Politics

kalifire

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Huh. If you'd asked me two years ago I'd have thought she'd be among the favourites.

shes more recognisable than most of them!

18 hours ago, Neil said:

shes more recognisable than most of them!

it is surprising she's out first.

A lot of people on twitterland seem to think that Jenrick vs Cleverly looking most likely for last two even though Badenoch came first...I guess where MPs votes go after others drop out or something.

I still think it will be Badenoch.

23 hours ago, steviewevie said:

it is surprising she's out first.

A lot of people on twitterland seem to think that Jenrick vs Cleverly looking most likely for last two even though Badenoch came first...I guess where MPs votes go after others drop out or something.

I still think it will be Badenoch.

I get the impression that Major Tom,  Cleverley and Stride are competing for the same MPs, so with 2 of them likely to be eliminated next it’s likely the one left will see his votes pushing above one of the other 2.

10 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I get the impression that Major Tom,  Cleverley and Stride are competing for the same MPs, so with 2 of them likely to be eliminated next it’s likely the one left will see his votes pushing above one of the other 2.

yes, I guess will probably end up a right winger vs a one nationer...and at moment that looks like Jenrick vs Cleverly.

And then Jenrick wins with the members of course.

Or does he?

BET NOW!

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yes, I guess will probably end up a right winger vs a one nationer...and at moment that looks like Jenrick vs Cleverly.

And then Jenrick wins with the members of course.

Or does he?

BET NOW!

I think 2 things could count against Jenrick.

1. He is clearly a complete opportunist. He was a centrist a year or so ago, until he started think about the next election. Then again the membership drank the Boris kool aid so who knows.

2. He is quite bland, you could end up in a situation where someone like Cleverly (a decent media performer in my view) blows him away in a debate and the membership think pragmatism like they did when Cameron beat David Davis.

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think 2 things could count against Jenrick.

1. He is clearly a complete opportunist. He was a centrist a year or so ago, until he started think about the next election. Then again the membership drank the Boris kool aid so who knows.

2. He is quite bland, you could end up in a situation where someone like Cleverly (a decent media performer in my view) blows him away in a debate and the membership think pragmatism like they did when Cameron beat David Davis.

yes, all true...we'll have to see. I think Jenrick played a bit of a blinder so far...and Badenoch is considered super smart but super sh*tty too and doesn't have many MPs who like her. 

If Jenrick vs Cleverly in final two then yes Cleverly's experience could win the day, I hope it does...but this is Tory members we're talking about...so who knows...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Starmer the unpopulist 

some say he doesn't have the right to choose to not pay the WFP. you don't hear those people saying he doesn't have the right to choose to pay it.

4 hours ago, Neil said:

some say he doesn't have the right to choose to not pay the WFP. you don't hear those people saying he doesn't have the right to choose to pay it.

They screwed up with that wfp thing, don't f**k with pensioners. 

I actually think the two child limit should be the priority, but no one seems to talk about that anymore.