UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, Neil said:

this country FFS,  just had a bag stolen off the back of my mobility scooter when it was parked outside sainsbury's -  what sort of scumbag  steals from the disabled, and possibly causes them all sorts of problems, luckily wasn't a big issue for me, just a shame to lose the coat that was in the bag. 😞 

Sorry that you lost it that is rubbish.

it's not about what's in it, I think if there's a bag on a bike or in a car and it's in the city then someone will nick it - for all they know it may have something in it.  If I park even for 5 minutes I'll ensure nobody leaves a bag in the car, as about 30 years ago I had it happen several times, including once in London when I'd only just pulled in for one minute to pop into a flat and they put the window through then nicked a handbag 🙄

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Sorry that you lost it that is rubbish.

it's not about what's in it, I think if there's a bag on a bike or in a car and it's in the city then someone will nick it - for all they know it may have something in it.  If I park even for 5 minutes I'll ensure nobody leaves a bag in the car, as about 30 years ago I had it happen several times, including once in London when I'd only just pulled in for one minute to pop into a flat and they put the window through then nicked a handbag 🙄

I know what you mean about leaving stuff in cars. i was hoping no one would be lowlife enough to steal from the disabled .

On 9/15/2024 at 5:34 PM, Neil said:

I know what you mean about leaving stuff in cars. i was hoping no one would be lowlife enough to steal from the disabled .

There was a really dreadful story of something that was in court recently for an issue in Stroud, but I won't go into the details here.  Suffice to say, there are some pretty damaged people about...but tbh we know that sadly.

24 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Hang on we have to choose between communism and fascism, when did this come in?

channels inner Stewart Lee

Scotland loves to claim its more left wing than England, but that says not!!!!

4 hours ago, Neil said:

Scotland loves to claim its more left wing than England, but that says not!!!!

Well it looks like it's as left wing as Wales and it is more left wing than England - that's what I got by just taking the red and then subtracting the black number to give me a net red number 😉

Surely there's a considerable and obvious disparity between some parts of the scottish population compared to others?

My favourite aspects is the reform voters.  "Ok I may spend half my time online saying that I'm not a fascist, but push comes to shove OK I'll choose fascist".  Scumbags.

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

My favourite aspects is the reform voters.  "Ok I may spend half my time online saying that I'm not a fascist, but push comes to shove OK I'll choose fascist".  Scumbags.

Oldies.. Probably spent the 1960's on Ibiza as hippies under Franco