UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

doesn't hold back...

she's a controversial and divisive MP, proper marmite, and many will question her timing and her motives and wish her good riddance...but still, not great for Starmer.

her complaints are nothing i expected of starmer. thought he was smart enough not to f**k up like that.

18 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It looks like she is just throwing everything against the wall here. To me in the grand scale of things the freebies is pretty irrelevant. If she had been handed a cabinet position I suspect she would be thinking differently, maybe looking for a GB news job?

she's over reacting, but at the same time, the freebies are so unnecessary, starmer should have known not to take them!

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

It looks like she is just throwing everything against the wall here. To me in the grand scale of things the freebies is pretty irrelevant. If she had been handed a cabinet position I suspect she would be thinking differently, maybe looking for a GB news job?

We'll see..I think there is a fairly big risk this freebie thing will stick. Not 100% Starmer will be PM going into next election.

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

We'll see..I think there is a fairly big risk this freebie thing will stick. Not 100% Starmer will be PM going into next election.

It will only stick if Labour don’t do a good job in power, if Labour do a good job then nobody will care. What’s incredibly hypocritical is some of these journalists banging on about it, you can guarantee they take every freebie going.

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It will only stick if Labour don’t do a good job in power, if Labour do a good job then nobody will care. What’s incredibly hypocritical is some of these journalists banging on about it, you can guarantee they take every freebie going.

Yeah it's all hypocritical and unfair but labour are held to different standards, and that is partly their own doing.

Agree about if they do a good job it won't be an issue, but not sure how much of a difference they can realistically make in 4 or 5:years with the state of things.

Edited by steviewevie