UK Politics

kalifire

On 10/16/2024 at 11:23 AM, lost said:

Both parties spending the "getting people back into work" money. Labour are going to start jabbing the unemployed with ozempic apparently.

They won't get the likes of me back into work unless govt agencies start employing people with health issues 

If they start to get some improvements in NHS and other public services as well as start to get the economy growing then I expect next election will be labour saying we're making progress don't let the tories come along and ruin everything like they did before.

Some big Ifs in there though.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

If they start to get some improvements in NHS and other public services as well as start to get the economy growing then I expect next election will be labour saying we're making progress don't let the tories come along and ruin everything like they did before.

Some big Ifs in there though.

Didn’t inflation come down this week? But no Sunak-style “the plan is working”.

1 minute ago, Ryan1984 said:

Didn’t inflation come down this week? But no Sunak-style “the plan is working”.

yeah well Sunak could be using that if he had held off calling the election till November...but then they would have had to do another budget which i think in the end is why they went early...leave the sh*t show for Labour to deal with.