UK Politics

kalifire

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The only way Labour and/or the Tories will split is under PR when being a 'broad church' is no longer of benefit to them.

Yes. But I can imagine a Corbyn led left wing party being set up and doing ok in certain places, or maybe they will all join/support Greens.

9 hours ago, LJS said:

aye sure...
image.png.087f7ec25aad359c68c1520120c048d8.png

they just made that up, didn't they?

You could save a lot of police costs by refusing to pay any police officer who's been charged with sexual assault or worse.

And make the streets safer by doing so.

There does seem to be growing discontent from both sides but maybe thats amplified over the internet.

I watched a bit of that Lizz Truss interview everyone is complaining about, apparently the Tony Blair Institute attends/lobbys the Tory Party conference 😆

Edited by lost

7 minutes ago, lost said:

There does seem to be growing discontent from both sides but maybe thats amplified over the internet.

I watched a bit of that Lizz Truss interview everyone is complaining about, apparently the Tony Blair Institute attends/lobbys the Tory Party conference 😆

That's hardly surprising...they have William Hague on board and Blair doesn't see things through left or right or class or whatever, it's all get the computers to fix everything.

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That's hardly surprising...they have William Hague on board and Blair doesn't see things through left or right or class or whatever, it's all get the computers to fix everything.

+ the tories have been in government and the Blair Institute has a clientele of wealthy foreign dictators who they need to please.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Also...I have loads of sympathy for these deselected MPs, but there was some dodgy factional stuff going on under Corbyn too...really Labour needs to split.

As I said Corbynite Sam Tarry got parachuted when the constituent choice (later cleared ) had allegations prior to the election. It doesn’t really sit right with me, but suppose it depend to some extent what the allegations are. 

I would also ask the question what would happen if someone made allegations against Starmer (or previously Corbyn) and you can be pretty sure the line would not be there’s no time to investigate so your out.

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Probably didn't help his cause...2021 conference apparently....

I think you have to ask the question do these people want likes, retweets and cheers from like minded people, or do they want to work in a team and change things for the better.

There is a labour left MP Nadia Whittome in a neighbouring constituency to me who is an excellent representative for the labour left, pity not more like her.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think you have to ask the question do these people want likes, retweets and cheers from like minded people, or do they want to work in a team and change things for the better.

There is a labour left MP Nadia Whittome in a neighbouring constituency to me who is an excellent representative for the labour left, pity not more like her.

hope she's been careful on twitter.

Labour definitely having a bad week...and feels totally self inflicted. Labour civil war strikes again, almost putting me off voting for them tbh.

Bad for who? Labour's main message is Don't be afraid we really have changed.

Activists will feel deflated and angry. Voters will think Oh, maybe they really have changed.

9 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Bad for who? Labour's main message is Don't be afraid we really have changed.

Activists will feel deflated and angry. Voters will think Oh, maybe they really have changed.

or they think they haven't changed because they're still just fighting amongst themselves.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Labour definitely having a bad week...and feels totally self inflicted. Labour civil war strikes again, almost putting me off voting for them tbh.

Imagine what they'll be like when in power.

yeah, he's been deleting a lot of tweets recently.

It's almost as if he's made loads of incriminating tweets and is a hate-filled scumbag but is getting parachuted across the country because he's a Starmer ally.

The hypocrisy of this one actually shocked me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's almost as if he's made loads of incriminating tweets and is a hate-filled scumbag but is getting parachuted across the country because he's a Starmer ally.

The hypocrisy of this one actually shocked me.

Ally’s of leadership have always been parachuted in to safe seats for parties across the political spectrum. People talk about PR being better but the list system also encourages favourable positions to those loyal to leadership.

I don’t know much about the guy. What does he stand for outside Middle East politics?