UK Politics

kalifire

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

If you think that a single percent of Labour’s majority comes from anything other than the conservatives being a total binfire for the last few years and the UK being a two party system, you’re just not getting it.

I would be amazed if one single voter decides that yes axing Abbott is the final drop, now I will vote Labour.

When you follow political news it is easy to think everyone else is doing the same. Regular polls asking people to say what they remember of recent news shows this is not true.

It is not enough for the Tories to be sh*t, voters need reassurance that Labour won't revert to Corbynism.  Perceptions matter more than policies. UK elections show voters will pick sh*t Tory if they aren't sure about Labour.

Meanwhile many in her constituency will decide yes axing Abbott is the final drop, now I will not vote Labour.

Labpur support is now more even;y distributed across the country. Losing Hackney to gain 10 suburban marginals is worth it.

4 minutes ago, lazyred said:

When you follow political news it is easy to think everyone else is doing the same. Regular polls asking people to say what they remember of recent news shows this is not true.

It is not enough for the Tories to be sh*t, voters need reassurance that Labour won't revert to Corbynism.  Perceptions matter more than policies. UK elections show voters will pick sh*t Tory if they aren't sure about Labour.

Labpur support is now more even;y distributed across the country. Losing Hackney to gain 10 suburban marginals is worth it.

abott remaining within labour is where ". UK elections show voters will pick sh*t Tory if they aren't sure about Labour".

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Maybe not but at least someone has tried to be honest rather that the constant lies and twisted truths we all now get.

Then we get into the thinking that it’s better to be in opposition forever and have that warm, fuzzy feeling. It’s fine for well off lefty intellectuals to think that way, but it doesn’t help the vulnerable in society.

When I voted for Starmer for labour leader I  took his pledges with a pinch of salt, knowing he would move towards the centre when elected. Honesty would have given us RLB as leader and labour heading nowhere.

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

What is your point here? Because it sounds like its the same as mine, and then you reach a contradictory conclusion.

I agree that most people are at best vaguely aware of the news cycle. But thats exactly why its a sh*t move.

Redwall Man will not hear about the abbott stuff. On the off chance that he does follow victoria derbyshire on twitter, he’s already decided the tories cant run a bath so I’ll go labour, or i really love brexit and hate the boats so I’ll go tory. He may pause to have a chuckle at the woman who got her sums wrong that time being done over. Thats it. It will have absolutely no bearing on whether a marginal somewhere north of the humber falls for labour or not.

Meanwhile in Hackney its big news, everyone will be aware of it and many are not gonna be happy. Vote loser.

Do you see?

Edited by mattiloy

42 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Do you see?

i see people twisting the facts and the knife because their own take has failed.

4 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Everything going well then.

for the toriers with their little tory helpers.

cos i moved a few weeks back, i just registered with a new GP, it'll be interesting to see how different the service is, my last GP was dreadful, impossible to get an appointment.

What is your point here? Because it sounds like its the same as mine, and then you reach a contradictory conclusion.

My point is redwall man will watch the nine o clock news and see Diane Abbott has been sacked. He will think good I didmt like her. It wont affect anything because they have already decided to vote Labour or Reform. What it wont do is scare them back into voting Tory. 

27 minutes ago, lazyred said:

My point is redwall man will watch the nine o clock news and see Diane Abbott has been sacked. He will think good I didmt like her. It wont affect anything because they have already decided to vote Labour or Reform. What it wont do is scare them back into voting Tory. 

correct, it makes labour less objectionable too; small factors can have a big impact across the country.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Then we get into the thinking that it’s better to be in opposition forever and have that warm, fuzzy feeling. It’s fine for well off lefty intellectuals to think that way, but it doesn’t help the vulnerable in society.

When I voted for Starmer for labour leader I  took his pledges with a pinch of salt, knowing he would move towards the centre when elected. Honesty would have given us RLB as leader and labour heading nowhere.

Pretty disappointed in you, PT. Endorsing lying to win elections. We have had our disagreements over the years but I did think betterof you.

• Upvote 1

Apparently it's fine for this guy to a labour candidate.

"A Labour think tank boss’s comments have been dismissed as “cringe” after he said smuggler gangs should be shipped to Scotland.

Josh Simons, director of Labour Together, suggested on LBC radio that the gangs could be put on a barge and “shipped to the north of Scotland”, adding: “Who cares?”."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/scotland-government-lbc-labour-party-snp-b1138906.html

Edited by LJS

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

well before that letter she received a huge amount of abuse

same as the letter, only Dianne suffers racist abuse. 😛

and Tory politicians continuously using line if Starmer can't deal with Diane Abbott, how is he going to deal with Vladimir Putin. Ridiculous, stupid, but probably cuts through to some people, Starmer dithering and uturning and looking weak etc etc forever. 

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently up to 250 thousand extra pupils could hit the state sector as a result of this policy. Where's the money coming from to accomodate them? In the meantime public schools are planning on witholding access to facilities such as swimming pools, playing fields and sports halls to state educated pupils.

2 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Apparently up to 250 thousand extra pupils could hit the state sector as a result of this policy. Where's the money coming from to accomodate them? In the meantime public schools are planning on witholding access to facilities such as swimming pools, playing fields and sports halls to state educated pupils.

VAT?

They will withhold access out of punishment? Surely they get money from this.

Anyway f**k them. Scrap the lot I reckon.