UK Politics

kalifire

On 2/9/2024 at 5:21 AM, kalifire said:

This is a thread to discuss UK Politics.

Please keep respectful and on-topic. Difference of opinion is welcome; personal attacks are not.

New posters are very welcome to join in!

Today has been a good day with good debate.................... until recently.

I have reported one post as a personal attack like that without any contact/quoting of said person by me is out of order.

I hope the mods act on it as their opening comment says this sort of thing is not acceptable.

Enjoy the rest of the day, I'm off somewhere nicer.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Well taxes are already high...so no one wants to pay more...but the fact if the matter is we're probably going to need to.

I cannot argue with that - but as there is one group who avoid more tax than the rest put together then perhaps it is about time we added a 1% wealth tax on all those with £1million or more................ they get 5% interest on their saving so it would not make them poorer but would help the country lots.

Laters

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I hope the mods act on it as their opening comment says this sort of thing is not acceptable.

you're quite happy to make your own unacceptable comments, all the time!(its what you do) i call you out for them - you tax avoiding tory, who squeals like a tory at the prospect of being properly taxed

Edited by Neil

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

s there is one group who avoid more tax than the rest put together

pension savers is that group and green party doners.

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Are Labour coming after us?

i hope so they need to go after the idle rich.

54 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

do you have a pension Neil?

nope. but if i did i'd be smart enough to recognise it as tax avoidance.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

because he has a pension? usual mad take from you 

he said: there is one group who avoid more tax than the rest put together

he wasn't smart enough to recognise himself as a part of that group; or he's being prejudiced about another group.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

If you don’t have a pension then you can’t be that smart 🙂 

I'm just not te sort of greedy breadhead who is unable to recognise their own tax avoidance.

So you think the tax avoiders are the smart people; I think they're the assholes.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm just not te sort of greedy breadhead who is unable to recognise their own tax avoidance.

So you think the tax avoiders are the smart people; I think they're the assholes.

And this includes everyone with a pension- so 99% of the workforce ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

And this includes everyone with a pension- so 99% of the workforce ?

yes, the biggest grouping of tax avoiders. each and everyone of them has opted into their tax avoidance.i n the hope, other peoples taxes and their own tax avoidance will make them rich.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

yes, the biggest grouping of tax avoiders. each and everyone of them has opted into their tax avoidance.i n the hope, other peoples taxes and their own tax avoidance will make them rich.

The govt do the tax avoiding thing to encourage people to save for a pension and people do it because the state pension isn't really enough to live on. Some people do very well out of it. I guess govt could take away this tax break and spend it on an a state pension increase...

Edited by steviewevie

7 hours ago, Neil said:

You sound a little bitter about not having built up a pension, getting by on handouts while waiting for your inheritance, as you said. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

What about Trans Men or does she not know they exist to?

Trans Women are Women. Women are Women
Trans Men are Men. Men are Men

All the rhetoric and hate that is being thrown around now on this is very very similar to that hate thrown around in the 150's to mid 80's for Gay and Lesbians.

In 50 years time Trans people will just, to the vast majority, just be people.

I fail to understand why some are scared of what someone else might have in their pants.

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

You sound a little bitter about not having built up a pension, getting by on handouts while waiting for your inheritance, as you said. 

How is a person automatically enrolled into a company pension scheme (mandatory scheme) supposed to pay the tax on what they have put in there? They have no choice as the rules are the rules.
Avoiding Capital Gains tax though is an entirely different matter.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

You don’t opt in to a pension you have to opt out and you’d be a fool for doing so.

Also this has to be your daftest viewpoint yet and that’s saying something!

32 minutes ago, stuie said:

As ever with Neil, the weird things he gets really passionate about are always thinly veiled jealousy 

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You don’t opt in to a pension you have to opt out and you’d be a fool for doing so.

Also this has to be your daftest viewpoint yet and that’s saying something!

It's not daft to point out tax avoidance or the twats who think the tax avoiders are the smart people 

36 minutes ago, stuie said:

Not bitter, I have plenty to get by on including the memories of enjoying my earnings when fit enough to do so.