UK Politics

kalifire

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

As ever with Neil, the weird things he gets really passionate about are always thinly veiled jealousy 

I'm passionate about slagging off tax avoidance and the effect it has on society. The pension rules are f**king public services.

Ar least I'm not passionate about thinking the tax avoiders are smart.

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm passionate about slagging off tax avoidance and the effect it has on society. The pension rules are f**king public services.

Yeah that's what's f**king public services! You've nailed it 

14 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think labour have probably dug themselves a big hole with this whole tax thing... ruling any rises out. I know why they feel they have to do it, but it is clearly not sustainable.

Wouldnt worry too much about Labour sticking to what they’ve said mind.

But there is bandwidth to increase the tax take in more vibe friendly ways - expect income tax threshold freezes and potentially increases in dividend taxes. Maybe more special taxes like sugar taxes and increases on niccy n tha 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

You sound a little bitter about not having built up a pension, getting by on handouts while waiting for your inheritance, as you said. 

His footer on here used to read 'inheritance is the engine of all inequality' funny how that changes eh

1 hour ago, Neil said:

In your mind there’s no difference between paying into a regulated UK workplace pension and registering a company offshore or something? Utterly bizarre take. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

It's not daft to point out tax avoidance or the twats who think the tax avoiders are the smart people 

Tax avoidance is using the rules lawfully to achieve something that wasn't intended. The purpose of pension tax relief is to encourage pension saving. I'd support restrictions on the annual allowance and pension tax relief but it's not tax avoidance.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

What about Trans Men or does she not know they exist to?

Trans Women are Women. Women are Women
Trans Men are Men. Men are Men

All the rhetoric and hate that is being thrown around now on this is very very similar to that hate thrown around in the 150's to mid 80's for Gay and Lesbians.

In 50 years time Trans people will just, to the vast majority, just be people.

I fail to understand why some are scared of what someone else might have in their pants.

Being Gay has no impact on anyone else. Claiming access to a singe sex space for a different sex should be negotiated to safeguard eveyone.

6 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Being Gay has no impact on anyone else. Claiming access to a singe sex space for a different sex should be negotiated to safeguard eveyone.

Trans women arent a different sex though

anyway, its all just bullshit US culture war politics. Tories are desperate and have nothing else

Just now, zahidf said:

Trans women arent a different sex though

Different sex, same gender. The problem is gender is defined by a set of personality traits and attitudes that change across time and cultures. The contentious areas are a tiny proportion and should be easily solved to most peoples satisfaction. But it starts by acknowledging the difference and then working outs ways to help everyone.

13 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Different sex, same gender. The problem is gender is defined by a set of personality traits and attitudes that change across time and cultures. The contentious areas are a tiny proportion and should be easily solved to most peoples satisfaction. But it starts by acknowledging the difference and then working outs ways to help everyone.

It's just culture wars, stoking up hatred and division for a few votes. 

We're 20 years past the start point unless you're an angry old gammon. 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

hardly any votes though...most people don't really care about this stuff.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

hardly any votes though...most people don't really care about this stuff.

Difficult to tell as the timing seems to coincide with a mums.net manifesto. They’ve got 8 million potential votes up for grabs based on usage stats 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

The culture war is enabled because of the absolutist positions that activists try to impose on everyone else. Sex is biological and not the same as gender. If you insist otherwise that will be exploited by people to create divisions that don't need to exist.