UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

and Starmer says he'd press the nuke button, so that's reassuring.

A bit extreme don't you think?

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I was genuinely surprised by this so I googled the viewer demographics. It's 62% male, 47% over 55 and concentrated in the north west, central west, south east and London.

All figures from mid April 2024  https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/who-watches-gb-news/

The voting intention was then Reform and Tory. I'm  not buying that new poll  but if true then the Tories are finished

image.thumb.png.1bfde6fa91e6b7eab3096694b6ead868.png

Edited by lazyred
clarity

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Getting boring now

Now labour winning by just 80 seats will be considered a massive victory for the Tories.

If that was replicated, including the 14% reform then that's almost a wipe out event is it not? The LIb Dems wouldn't be far off the Tories.

I don't think Reform will get that much FWIW but still nice to imagine...

A month out from polling day and Sunak is not closing the gap a single inch. One things for sure, the electorate massively want to punish the Tories.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I don't think you can trust the people of Clacton to reject Farage.

Everyone expected him to win in Thanet too but he didn't! 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Everyone expected him to win in Thanet too but he didn't! 

Only just! and that was against a Tory party who weren't polling at like 0 % as they are now. 

I've no idea if he'll win tbh, depends on how Labour do I guess.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Only just! and that was against a Tory party who weren't polling at like 0 % as they are now. 

I've no idea if he'll win tbh, depends on how Labour do I guess.

I hope he doesn't but I'm thankful he's not set his sights on Thanet again. 

We're expecting our new MP to be some woman parachuted in by Keir to save us and we don't need the press attention that Farage brings with him! 

6 hours ago, lazyred said:

Being Gay has no impact on anyone else. Claiming access to a singe sex space for a different sex should be negotiated to safeguard eveyone.

Sorry but that is not true - many men have been raped by Gay people and some when they used the toilet.

You also do not seem to understand that a woman who has transitioned to be a man is a man - well they are in my mind - and the same for men who have transitioned who are now women. Unless you are suggesting that all of them will attack others just cos one has then you need to apply those rules to all, gay, lesbian everyone cos one bad egg really should not make everyone be suspected....................................... or maybe I have read your comment wrong.

But live and let live, don't judge and don't fear everyone cos someone has wronged people.................... A really good friend of mine is trans btw

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sorry but that is not true - many men have been raped by Gay people and some when they used the toilet.

You also do not seem to understand that a woman who has transitioned to be a man is a man - well they are in my mind - and the same for men who have transitioned who are now women. Unless you are suggesting that all of them will attack others just cos one has then you need to apply those rules to all, gay, lesbian everyone cos one bad egg really should not make everyone be suspected....................................... or maybe I have read your comment wrong.

But live and let live, don't judge and don't fear everyone cos someone has wronged people.................... A really good friend of mine is trans btw

but there is such a thing called biological sex, you know that right?

I think there's a time and a place for these discussions, but not in an election campaign...too much bile and hate. 

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bold starter

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Fortunately people who rape and attack other people are very rare. I've no idea if trans people attack people proportionately more than non trans. I'm happy to accept they are victims proportionately more then non trans. It's just there are some situations where people want to feel safe or that outcomes are fair  and sometimes that means they want to deal with someone  of the same sex. Whether or not that is reasonable is up for debate but it doesn't make them bigots.

31 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Absolutely, I'd be happy to sit down with both of you without feeling threatened. However, assuming your friend is a trans woman, if she boasted about holding the local female park run record I'd personally think that was unfair.

10 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Bold starter

Fortunately people who rape and attack other people are very rare. I've no idea if trans people attack people proportionately more than non trans. I'm happy to accept they are victims proportionately more then non trans. It's just there are some situations where people want to feel safe or that outcomes are fair  and sometimes that means they want to deal with someone  of the same sex. Whether or not that is reasonable is up for debate but it doesn't make them bigots.

Absolutely, I'd be happy to sit down with both of you without feeling threatened. However, assuming your friend is a trans woman, if she boasted about holding the local female park run record I'd personally think that was unfair.

You would assume wrong, they were a woman and transition to be a man.