UK Politics

kalifire

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

but there is such a thing called biological sex, you know that right?

I think there's a time and a place for these discussions, but not in an election campaign...too much bile and hate. 

Firstly of course I know biological sex - no need to start the patronising......................

and unless I missed it you shared the story about the Tory party raising this in the election so it is there part of the election and I did not put it there.

There is only too much bile and hate if you choose to go that way.
Which I don't  as the people most effected already experience far too much bile and hate and they have done nothing wrong what so ever and just want to live life in the way they feel best suited to them.

I have zero problem with that

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Rayner contradicts Starmer and says she wouldn't press the nuke the bastards button. De-select her now.

An important part  of the Starmer plan was to demonstrate Labour's change by purging the Corbynites and reassuring voters Labour are safe on borders and defence. Angela Rayner has interfered in this twice in the last few days. I also don't believe Starmer has forgiven how she humiliated him a few years ago when he tried to demote her. He'll have the power to sideline her if he gets a massive majority.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Firstly of course I know biological sex - no need to start the patronising......................

and unless I missed it you shared the story about the Tory party raising this in the election so it is there part of the election and I did not put it there.

There is only too much bile and hate if you choose to go that way.
Which I don't  as the people most effected already experience far too much bile and hate and they have done nothing wrong what so ever and just want to live life in the way they feel best suited to them.

I have zero problem with that

not criticising you discussing it, I am criticisng Badenoch.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

not criticising you discussing it, I am criticisng Badenoch.

Apologies, that was not clear............................. but she raised it cos the Tories know it is divisive and they know that there are many bigots out there who are scared of what other people have in their pants and are willing to throw toys out of prams cos of what they read in the press and social media.

7 minutes ago, lazyred said:

An important part  of the Starmer plan was to demonstrate Labour's change by purging the Corbynites and reassuring voters Labour are safe on borders and defence. Angela Rayner has interfered in this twice in the last few days. I also don't believe Starmer has forgiven how she humiliated him a few years ago when he tried to demote her. He'll have the power to sideline her if he gets a massive majority.

She is deputy leader, they are elected by members. If he was able to get rid of her he would have done so long ago.

As deputy leader she will be deputy PM and so will be to the fore a lot of the time.

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

You would assume wrong, they were a woman and transition to be a man.

I'd still happily meet him and deal with him on his terms. I hope he'll have the sense to turn up for cervical smears and not demand a prostate test.

18 minutes ago, lazyred said:

Maybe, but that would be bold. She is popular, he isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if there were problems at some point, but at the moment they need each other. She is a lot more powerful than past deputy leaders like Watson or Prescott, at same time maybe she owes him a bit with this loyalty during this council house thing recently. I actually think there is a grudging respect for each other, they know and understand each other and where they come from a lot more now..but also politics is a dirty game so that could easily implode.

There is a world when things start going very wrong quite quickly for Labour. Yes they might have a big majority, but that support is widespread, and volatile, and can easily just go somewhere else, and he can't rely on left wing voters to help him out because of all the bad blood.

30 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

She is deputy leader, they are elected by members. If he was able to get rid of her he would have done so long ago.

As deputy leader she will be deputy PM and so will be to the fore a lot of the time.

I agree he can't sack her and she'll be deputy PM and deputise at PMQs. Most govts have a public deputy PM and an actual deputy PM. They can be the same person or not. The latter is usually at the Cabinet office and sits on all the important committees where the policies are decided. John Prescott had a lot of titles and access to a nice mansion but not much power.

I might be wrong about Starmer but Rayner is undermining the strategy and Starmer has shown he can use and ditch people as necessary.

22 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I agree he can't sack her and she'll be deputy PM and deputise at PMQs. Most govts have a public deputy PM and an actual deputy PM. They can be the same person or not. The latter is usually at the Cabinet office and sits on all the important committees where the policies are decided. John Prescott had a lot of titles and access to a nice mansion but not much power.

I might be wrong about Starmer but Rayner is undermining the strategy and Starmer has shown he can use and ditch people as necessary.

At the moment Starmer does what McSweeney advises...soon it will be more what Sue Gray advises, and apparently she is less divisive, more conciliatory.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Sorry but that is not true - many men have been raped by Gay people and some when they used the toilet.

You also do not seem to understand that a woman who has transitioned to be a man is a man - well they are in my mind - and the same for men who have transitioned who are now women. Unless you are suggesting that all of them will attack others just cos one has then you need to apply those rules to all, gay, lesbian everyone cos one bad egg really should not make everyone be suspected....................................... or maybe I have read your comment wrong.

But live and let live, don't judge and don't fear everyone cos someone has wronged people.................... A really good friend of mine is trans btw

Isla Bryson- should they have bee in a men’s jail or women’s?

38 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Farage - is he just trying to save face after his very public support for Trump? Crawling back to his core base.

He must think he can win Clacton. Is he trying to influence the post election tories or replace them? Either option seems a dead end. I thought his speech and answers to questions were nastier and more aggressive than before.

Edited by lazyred

16 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

So again, every person with a workplace pension? So presumably all of your family and like 90 % of people?

not all of my family, some people are more creative and self-supporting from their income than you imagine.

every person with a workplace pension has chosen to take up the opportunity to avoid taxon part of their income, not everyone thinks the tax avoiders are the smart people, that's reserved for the very-dims.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

not all of my family, some people are more creative and self-supporting from their income than you imagine.

every person with a workplace pension has chosen to take up the opportunity to avoid taxon part of their income, not everyone thinks the tax avoiders are the smart people, that's reserved for the very-dims.

You still banging your tiny drum about all pension holders being tax avoiders, 24 hours later? 🫠

8 hours ago, lazyred said:

she's easy to sideline cos she hasn't seemed to be owning any issue and promising to fix it.

12 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Isla Bryson- should they have bee in a men’s jail or women’s?

As I am a) not the judge and b) was not on the jury I am unable to comment as I do not have the full details at hand.

One person does not mean others should suffer. One person should never be why any policy is made. One person should not be used to try and sway/distort any argument.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Farage is just a nasty trumpy racist and people in that seat need to vote tactically to keep him out of parliament.

I was coming here to say very similar.

He really is vile and will drag the Tories further right as they try and get Reform votes.