UK Politics

kalifire

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

kind of dodgy editing what people have said.

The difference is I quoted you and removed/ignored part of what you said where as you just did a quote and then wrote something I never said or wrote even if you did what I did.

I did it to highlight how annoying it is to have people quote a small part of what you say out of context to make their own point............... and it seems to have annoyed you.

Perhaps you will now not do it to others.

Funny to think that had twitter changed the rules so you cant see posts that people have liked a couple of months ago, Akehurst wouldn’t have been able to ban all those folks from the Labour candidate lists. Or I guess would have had to invent some even more tenuous reason for doing so.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:
image.thumb.png.f5dc6abeedcce81b37ce15d893b8cea5.png

The polling is all over the place at the moment. Actually makes it a bit exciting. But these numbers in particular would suggest that Labour’s win is all the tory’s own doing. ie, were this 2019 and Boris were leader, the coalition of tory + reform voters would be enough to see them win. Makes you wonder if Mandelson’s 40 year old methods are really the antidote. A two term Labour govt would seem v optimistic 

On 6/12/2024 at 7:20 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

So you means pensioners as other sources of income are covered by CGT, Carbon tax and the other taxes they mentioned.

The only people who would pay more are pensioners using it as income tax - are you advocating taxing pensioners - what would Sunak say!!

pensioners are screaming about tax because they often have more income than the tax free allowance are are worried about getting caught to pay a fair share.

more lies from the greens- with a claim they're about to break thru right round the country, trying to talk up their success, marketing guff cos there's no substance.

Just now, steviewevie said:

Might put a fiver on Reform forming the next government 

are you joining the revolting like nigel asked. 😛 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I have been revolting for a while.

I didn't watch tonight's debate, couldn't face any more of it. From what I have read Rayner was getting a hard time.

labour seemed to be everyone's target tonight.

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, Neil said:

more lies from the greens- with a claim they're about to break thru right round the country, trying to talk up their success, marketing guff cos there's no substance.

Terrible, no other parties ever talk up their prospects.

Only the evil Greens.🥦

1 hour ago, Neil said:

labour seemed to be everyone's target tonight.

Well, they are the ones everyone needs to beat, so its hardly surprising.

10 hours ago, mattiloy said:

The polling is all over the place at the moment. Actually makes it a bit exciting. But these numbers in particular would suggest that Labour’s win is all the tory’s own doing. ie, were this 2019 and Boris were leader, the coalition of tory + reform voters would be enough to see them win. Makes you wonder if Mandelson’s 40 year old methods are really the antidote. A two term Labour govt would seem v optimistic 

maybe. But then maybe left/centre voters would more likely be coalescing for labour. But, it does show how Labour's new coalition of support is much more efficient than 2019 Labour's...more spread across the country in places they need to win, not just in a few cities. That coalition could quite easily dissolve though so yes might be just one term, that will depend on how things are in 5 years, and what the state of the opposition is.

Also, Boris Johnson wasn't very popular, probably about same as Starmer now...but Corbyn's popularity was through the floor like Sunak's now.

But people on the left have been writing off Starmer since 2020. He won't last as leader, then he won't win the election, now it's he won't win a 2nd term. The bloke has proved very resilient, and also pretty lucky. Whether that resilience and luck sticks we'll have to see, being in government a whole new world and hardly any of them have much experience of that.

Polls seem to be showing Tory support going to Reform, and Labour support going to Lib Dem.