UK Politics

kalifire

24 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

The Tories are just getting weirder.

I'm starting to think their entire campaign is one huge bizarre art project that I don't get

I saw on twitter the campaign is being run by that Sophie Cochran ..... what an excellent job shes doing 🙂 

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

2 weeks to go. Predictions?

I don't think Labour will do as well and tories do as badly as some of the polls are suggesting. Labour to win by about 100 seats. Lib Dems pick up about 50 seats. Reform a few, Greens a few.

didn't Blair win by 140?? I reckon this is going to be a bigger win! libdems should get 60-ish, and greens will have done exceptionally well if they get three (they claimed they'd get three last election).

Edited by Neil

we are getting close to the point where labour could split into 2 parties after the election & still form the government and official opposition.

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Kier improved … Sunak absolutely appalling no surprise with that 

Seen a few tweets saying Starmer really came across well, especially in the last couple of questions when he went off script a little?

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Maybe super majority tactic working?

In the campaign periods it becomes more of a personality competition as the politicians get more airtime. More of the public are realising that Starmer is a stale bellend.

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

In the campaign periods it becomes more of a personality competition as the politicians get more airtime. More of the public are realising that Starmer is a stale bellend.

yeah, but at least he is a moderately competent stale bellend.

the alternative is an incompetent stale bellend.

5 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Let’s be honest none of the 4 leaders in the debate today are particularly charismatic. The public don’t love Starmer but don’t hate him either. After  Boris, Corbyn , Truss etc I think a lot of the public will take dull and competent.