UK Politics

kalifire

In all my many years watching politics this is the oddest election yet.

2 weeks out and it is dropping off TV headlines, few candidates out on the streets (and we are a 'swing seat'), it all feels like a done deal (which it almost certainly is), the Tories have more or less given up, most have vanished already and Sunak is a lost fool in a land of fools.

Even this thread is getting fewer and fewer posts which really should be the other way.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

In all my many years watching politics this is the oddest election yet.

2 weeks out and it is dropping off TV headlines, few candidates out on the streets (and we are a 'swing seat'), it all feels like a done deal (which it almost certainly is), the Tories have more or less given up, most have vanished already and Sunak is a lost fool in a land of fools.

Even this thread is getting fewer and fewer posts which really should be the other way.

maybe they're distracted by boring sh*t like festivals/football?

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe they're distracted by boring sh*t like festivals/football?

I wish politicians were distracted by that but it is them who have gone awol lots.

It's all a bit anti-climactic as the exit poll at 10pm on the 4th July will be.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Good

even if theyre coming for your house & pension.

nick robinson making  farage squirm on bbc.

33 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The article I responded to was quite clear and they were no mentioned, give it a read.

they're the two things where most wealth is retained. the greens would have to go for them too, if their big wish-list isn't a lie!

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It's all a bit anti-climactic as the exit poll at 10pm on the 4th July will be.

Not for me. If the exit poll confirms it, I will be opening the champagne early. Personally I can't wait to stay up until the early hours to see loads of high profile Tory c**ts losing their seats!

Not that I'm taking it for granted! 😃

The BBC have just stitched up Holly vallance.

They said she donated to reform but was probably really her billionaire fella.

12 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Not for me. If the exit poll confirms it, I will be opening the champagne early. Personally I can't wait to stay up until the early hours to see loads of high profile Tory c**ts losing their seats!

Not that I'm taking it for granted! 😃

This is a very good point well made.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Farage could have f**ked his man of the people image with his comments about Ukraine yesterday.

I bet his  most loyal folllowers will still follow him - like tRump's ones do - bit that interview, jeez....................... if he became PM the UK would be so f**ked