UK Politics

kalifire

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I just can’t see Farage comments about Ukraine having much impact. I don’t think many voters are giving the conflict much thought when they go to vote.

well Tories tried to pin this stuff on Starmer so they must think it does have some impact...maybe they need to re-do this poster.

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Owen Jones description of Starmer today. One of the most shamelessly dishonest and duplicitous politicians in British democratic history.

When you consider politicians have been jailed for dishonesty, this is a ridiculous click bait thing to say.

True though

His Dad owned the tool factory.

They couldnt afford electricity, but went to the lakes on holiday every year.

He was both responsible for every prosecution under his time as DPP, but not personally responsible for the Savile decision.

This isnt even to get onto all the shapeshifting he’s done since he got into politics which is what Jones is on about. That is apparently excusable for centrists. But even if you ignore that, the man has also fabricated his entire backstory. He’s a weird dude.

3 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

They couldnt afford electricity, but went to the lakes on holiday every year.

He was both responsible for every prosecution under his time as DPP, but not personally responsible for the Savile decision.

This isnt even to get onto all the shapeshifting he’s done since he got into politics which is what Jones is on about. That is apparently excusable for centrists. But even if you ignore that, the man has also fabricated his entire backstory. He’s a weird dude.

yeah, what a c**t.

Definitely gets my vote.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Owen Jones description of Starmer today. One of the most shamelessly dishonest and duplicitous politicians in British democratic history.

When you consider politicians have been jailed for dishonesty, this is a ridiculous click bait thing to say.

I am no lover of Starmer & think he can be criticised for many things but I agree that this is a wild exaggeration.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

His wife doesnt even work for the NHS.

Really? I can find no evidence to support this.  If it were true, don't you think the Telegraph, Mail Express etc would have been all over it? Actually even if it weren't true but it was a crazy rumour, they would probably still have been all over it.

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

What is your source for this claim? I saw Guido Fawkes making the claim  - I'd be surprised if you consider that to be a reliable source? Again, if it were true, you don't think the right wing press might have made a thing out of it?

you really should be more selective about what you believe.

5 hours ago, mattiloy said:

your 'source' for this is Guido Fawkes presumably? With the only 'evidence' being a few words out of context

5 hours ago, mattiloy said:

His wife doesnt even work for the NHS.

source?

You hate him so much you actually sound unhinged.

We need ozanne back for some balance here!!!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The Ukraine thing damages Reform, the betting thing damages the Tories. Starmer is a lucky politician.

There was a tweet going around the other day that said he’s ‘unafraid of being bland’, which I think is something the majority of this country would welcome when it comes to politicians.

38 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

There was a tweet going around the other day that said he’s ‘unafraid of being bland’, which I think is something the majority of this country would welcome when it comes to politicians.

I saw that too and have to agree. As hard as he is to listen to, I zone out so easily when his monotone talk gets going, it is just what UK politics needs.

Dull but HOPEFULLY getting the job done.