UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and if that question is the best the right has then no wonder they are toast. 

Quite frankly, who cares what he said during an election campaign then. Maybe he should have had a bet on Labour losing then and that would have been OK.

Ok..but he still has found it very difficult to answer.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Can't wait for that

not sure how Joy feels about it.

37 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Last time I checked the odds the bookies basically had it as a toss up. I think the labour left would paint a Corbyn victory as getting one over Starmer. I honestly don’t think Starmer would care, his calculation is it’s worth losing the seat to distance himself from Jez.

when corbyn was leader his fan club insisted he could win Islington as an indie. we get to find out if its true. 😛 

4 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The whole media seems to be starting/is doing a Corbyn style take down on Farage at the moment............... which tells me they are scared of him. Not sure why cos he really is one of them!

reporting what they've said and done, how awful of the media to hold them to account.

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and the report 'presumes' 95% of Reform voters will vote Tory - which they won't.

that's like presuming you could get green voters to vote labour, reform voters and green voters are very similar.

To all those on here who are going to Glastonbury on here, have a good festival dancing to the latest pop hits or whatever it is you do at these things.

Personally I'd much rather be at home posting tweets about how lovely Keir Starmer is into a forum politics thread.

Edited by steviewevie

32 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

To all those on here who are going to Glastonbury on here, have a good festival dancing to the latest pop hits or whatever it is you do at these things.

Personally I'd much rather be at home posting tweets about how lovely Keir Starmer is into a forum politics thread.

Thank you

Have fun chatting on here to whoever is left behind.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

or translated into truth English:

"As a result of not being asked anything apart from about this scandal and the latest opinion polls suggesting it is making our support drop away even more, we have decided to actually do something in the hope of not looking quite so corrupt"

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently Patel doesn't want Farage in the Tory party either.

...because it looks likely she'll be one of the few tories to win a seat and has ambitions to be leader? Pesky Farage would ruin her plans.

Patel.jpg

22 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I can imagine a move to Bring Back Boris.

only boris can bring back boris, he has an easy path anytime he wants to come back

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

or translated into truth English:

"As a result of not being asked anything apart from about this scandal and the latest opinion polls suggesting it is making our support drop away even more, we have decided to actually do something in the hope of not looking quite so corrupt"

i reckon thats opened up an opportunity for a second Bristol seat for the greens . or those tories will stay home.

11 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently this is common...so by suspending this bloke Starmer could be opening a can of worms.

I guess he felt he needs to be decisive. I wonder if this is a case of like when I betted Trump in the last election so there is a small bonus if they win. Maybe I’ll bet Tory this time as odds much better!! Still a stupid thing for the bloke to do and open you up to criticism.

20 minutes ago, LJS said:

Got a leaflet from Reform today urging me to vote for the candidate in a neighbouring constituency. Sadly I shall be unable to do so 😞 

On a similar theme I got a leaflet from something I'd not heard of before called the Climate Party, which is apparently a pro-environment centre-right party.

However they're only sending 13 candidates to this election and the one the leaflet was from is actually a different constituency. So might not be able to vote for them. Although curiously this is the constituency where my current MP is standing for, given the way the boundaries got redrawn around here.