UK Politics

kalifire

25 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...is an employers NI rise breaking a manifesto pledge?

Not great for the "growth" pledge. Will also probably hasten the demise of a bunch more borderline industries e.g pubs , high street shops etc..

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

people have moved on ffs ..... guess this is where the Lib dems gain more seats at the next General Election .... absolutely bonkers stuff 

I think this is right actually...for now...brexit was such a messy and damaging process do we really want to go through all that again...I reckon appreciate it is damaging is a good start to trying to find ways to resolve it...and you never know, Kemi might start moves for us to rejoin the EU in 2035...and then maybe the ECHR.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think this is right actually...for now...brexit was such a messy and damaging process do we really want to go through all that again...I reckon appreciate it is damaging is a good start to trying to find ways to resolve it...and you never know, Kemi might start moves for us to rejoin the EU in 2035...and then maybe the ECHR.

nah ... how can we be scrabbling around for economic benefits when the biggest one is smacking us in the face , how much damage do we need to do to the country before someone speaks honestly about it , rather than making assumptions about what people may want ... the polling is in the rejoin direction now . Mad to have another referendum tbh think we should just do whats necessary over whatever time period , but realistically if / when it happens it will be a vote 

I'm not sure rejoin would win when people realised it wouldn't be under the conditions we left rather those laid out under the lisbon treaty e.g. losing the veto, having to dump the pound for the euro etc..

Think the best we can get is single market alignment which when we won't have any say about the rules is probably why labour are swerving it.

Edited by lost