International Politics

kalifire

this is what I meant to post. Not sure if Hezbollah leader has been killed or not, but Hamas leader definitely has.

seems like this Haniyeh guy was more moderate than others at the the top of Hamas, and was involved in a lot of ceasefire talks...so not sure what means for those talks? kills them probably.

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

this is what I meant to post. Not sure if Hezbollah leader has been killed or not, but Hamas leader definitely has.

seems like this Haniyeh guy was more moderate than others at the the top of Hamas, and was involved in a lot of ceasefire talks...so not sure what means for those talks? kills them probably.

He may have portrayed himself as the 'acceptable' face of Hamas, but he was just as much of a c**t as the rest of them. I'm delighted they got him.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

even if kills any chance of a ceasefire deal?

Hamas have never been interested in a ceasefire deal that guarantees Israel any security. So as long as the Israelis are getting the main Hamas guys they can crack on as far as I'm concerned. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, doogie said:

Hamas have never been interested in a ceasefire deal that guarantees Israel any security. So as long as the Israelis are getting the main Hamas guys they can crack on as far as I'm concerned. 

ok...I mean..another opinion would be that Netanyahu was never interested in any ceasefire that kept Hamas in place in Gaza anyway.

As far as I can see Netanyahu has given up on getting the hostages out, he just wants as much of a win over Hamas as possible, and that could be a problem for him internally.

What could also be a problem is what Iran does in retaliation.

Edited by steviewevie

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

the only realistic way to stop a continuous escalation which ultimately ends in all out war is a ceasefire in Gaza. 

The only way to end this sh*t for good is a two state solution.

Sadly the Palestinians have never shown the slightest interest in any solution that recognises the state of Israel, and so it goes on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So looks like Hezbollah top military bloke, Fuad Shukr, is dead too. So just need Sinwar, and then Netanyahu, Ben Gvir and Smotrich killed and then everyone can live in peace and harmony.

Chuck a few Ayatollahs in there too and we might start getting somewhere.

Edited by doogie

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Sinwar new leader of Hamas, so that's good.

Seems like a desparate move to me. If he's going to be Hamas's new negotiator, he's going to have to crawl out from under his rock at some point. This should hopefully make it a lot easier for the Israelis to bump him off like they did the last one.

As a gambit, the sentences, "Could Carles Puigdemont smuggle himself into the Catalan parliament dressed as a lion? Probably not, but police in Barcelona are taking no chances" was quite something.

Admittedly Puigdemont making an effort to hold a rally in Barcelona then trying to smuggle himself out of Barcelona is slightly less charming. Or perfect meme fodder for Spanish social media depending on how it's interpreted.

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess Ukraine is entitled to a sphere of influence.

Give us our land back and you can have your land back - sounds great but Putin will not agree as it makes him look weak so expect a huge attack from Russia somewhere else to try and draw these troops out of Russia.