International Politics

kalifire

14 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I've logged out of and deactivated my twitter account finally. Losing the block function doing any real amount was the final straw. It's a bit weird and I realise how much I casually scroll onto it, but I'm feeling a lot better for it and there's really nothing noteworthy I'm missing out on.

looked elsewhere but they are dead in comparison , guess the people that followed me have gone in various directions if they left , so much social media out there now 

9 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Half a dozen of my more online friends had already stopped using it.

The main reason I'd kept up with it was for cricket banter (and to a lesser extent football). I haven't found another place where I can easily read a bunch of jokes about cricket, without it being overwhelmed by either old blowhards hating the modern game or idiotic Indian fans bum-licking Kohli.

Enough of the interesting journalists/political commentators etc. have moved to bluesky that I'm comfortable getting any fix for that over there.

I've found quite a few Reddits take care of banter and even some news stuff, so I do tend to use that as more of my timewaster now than Twitter, plus I've found myself limiting what I write on there anyway.

Cricket has the same "It was better in my day!" crowd than football huh

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I've found quite a few Reddits take care of banter and even some news stuff, so I do tend to use that as more of my timewaster now than Twitter, plus I've found myself limiting what I write on there anyway.

Cricket has the same "It was better in my day!" crowd than football huh

Cricket is way worse for it than football. You've got a whole generation of old tory blowhards bemoaning the existence of T20.

I'm a much bigger fan of test cricket than T20 but I really get fed up of the "traditionalists" arguing about it. I'd curated a really nice feed of journalists, statisticians and memers aged 20-40 who just love talking about the good things in the game not arguing about "how much better it was in my day when people knew how to play proper cricket".