Oya festival 2024

Specta

Pretty decent replacement. And the obvious one since they play all other scandinavian festivals the other days.

Honestly if WOW scoop Idles i’ll be pretty jelaous since this was one of the main reasons to choose Oya over WOW.

Specially since WOW have a much better undercard in my opinion (Nation of Language, Fever Ray, Susanne Sundfor and so much more). Man, just looking at the WOW line up again makes me feel the fomo creeping in.

4 hours ago, Specta said:

Pretty decent replacement. And the obvious one since they play all other scandinavian festivals the other days.

Honestly if WOW scoop Idles i’ll be pretty jelaous since this was one of the main reasons to choose Oya over WOW.

Specially since WOW have a much better undercard in my opinion (Nation of Language, Fever Ray, Susanne Sundfor and so much more). Man, just looking at the WOW line up again makes me feel the fomo creeping in.

I'm sure we'll both have a great time, regardless of the replacements. Was gutted to find out The Smile weren't playing as I specifically booked this trip to see them, but still a lot of my favourite acts are around and it's my first time to Sweden, so also excited about that.

• Like 2

Jack White coming for QOTSA. I guess they already had him in mind since the july announcement.

Overall pretty good work from the scandy festivals on this short notice.

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

To anyone who has been before:

- can you take in food

- can you leave and come back

thanks!

You can only take with you snacks and fruit, so no normal food.

Yes. Latest entry is 22:00.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anything else worth knowing ahead of next week?

Insider tips?

If you are getting the metro, don't try to chance it without a ticket - when we went there were ticket checkers on the way out of the station.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, WFD said:

If you are getting the metro, don't try to chance it without a ticket - when we went there were ticket checkers on the way out of the station.

On this one. Not sure how long are you staying in Oslo and where, but for us (staying from 6th till 12th of August) the 7 day travel pass seemed like a pretty good value. Specially if you want to check more places around the city. I think with it you can also hop on on some ferries to nearby islands and fjords.

Edited by Specta

11 minutes ago, Specta said:

On this one. Not sure how long are you staying in Oslo and where, but for us (staying from 6th till 12th of August) the 7 day travel pass seemed like a pretty good value. Specially if you want to check more places around the city. I think with it you can also hop on on some ferries to nearby islands and fjords.

Brilliant tips so far, thank you both.