Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

On Download, I reckon, without any inside knowledge, that it was clostridium perfringens, which can occur commonly in roasted meats and gravy when you're hot holding them (storing them hot for a period of time before serving.) Same quick onset, same nasty, but ultimately not life threatening unless you're at risk, symptoms. And the food on sale at the Yorkie stall, and they way they cook and hot hold it, fits the profile too. 

It's temperature abuse that causes it, not holding food above 63c or if you hold it lower than 63c, holding it for more than 2 hours. This could occur at the best stalls, for several reasons beyond their control. If for example, their equipment breaks, and the timing falls between their regular probe checks, the food drops below temperature and is served to some people before they catch it. 

Just make sure that anything you eat, that has been hot held, feels like it's been held at over 63c, if it's not over 63c don't eat it!!! Or only visit the busy stalls, as their food will not be held more than 2 hours. If you do suspect that it's below 63c, ask them to probe the batch in front of you, they shouldn't have an issue with it, and you could be helping them and saving hundreds from illness. 

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Fillings:
Apple

Red Cherry
Rhubarb

Crumbles:
Traditional
Cinnamon
Biscoff
Oreo

Toppings:
Hot Custard
Ice Cream

Shame there isn't a choice of custards, but other than that, it looks like a suitable replacement. 

On that list:

Rhubarb

Cinnamon

Ice Cream.

For the win.  I'm moist just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I watched the TPD TV vlog on this last night, 3 of them were horrendously ill 🤒 

Oh no!!! I normally watch TPD TV videos, I know they love a yorkie pud! Haha. I haven't caught up on the download one yet...I think I might avoid it! 

10 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Oh no!!! I normally watch TPD TV videos, I know they love a yorkie pud! Haha. I haven't caught up on the download one yet...I think I might avoid it! 

Avoiding the Yorkie Pud is the most importantly thing!!

Honestly it was horrific 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

for some reason, over the past few months, i've gone mad for soup!

just been eating constant soup...

now, i've never, in 30 years, been at Glastonbury and thought "y'know, i really fancy soup"... so this'll be a first!

any recommendations? 

Is the Dorset Blue cheese company still there or are they well gone? Used to do a good blue cheese and brocolli soup.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

now, i've never, in 30 years, been at Glastonbury and thought "y'know, i really fancy soup"... so this'll be a first!

any recommendations? 

Don't think I've ever had soup at a festival (apart from maybe a cup a soup in my poor student days 😂), but soup-a-juice must have some and their smoothies are good

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

any recommendations? 

Can't beat a good soup, never had one at Glasto though

5 hours ago, -TLR- said:

any recommendations? 

Looks like a couple of soup places...

Soup.JPG

14 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Fillings:
Apple

Red Cherry
Rhubarb

Crumbles:
Traditional
Cinnamon
Biscoff
Oreo

Toppings:
Hot Custard
Ice Cream

Shame there isn't a choice of custards, but other than that, it looks like a suitable replacement. 

What! No gingerbread. That on top of rhubarb was great last year