Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

Some excellent food this time around. Top marks to:

Loki Poke: the salmon sashimi was fresh, and the veggies and rice were delicious. Fairly expensive, but I'm not a bit eater so very filling

Paellaria: the chicken and chorizo one is always brilliant. Fresh coriander on top. Portions too big for me but I bought the £6 'special offer' half portion and it was still mahoosive.

Fritter Shack (twice): as I'm sure most people know by now, Hugh of No Bones Jones fame has sadly died, and we were all devastated to hear that No Bones Jones was no more, especially as we have a couple of coeliacs in our group. However his children are running Fritter Shack and the food is still the same delicious fritter, daal and salads as before - and astoundingly good value for the size of portion and quality of food.

Goan Fish Curry: for once I managed to grab kedgeree as my litter pick shift finished early. It was as delicious as always.

Goan Fish Curry again: for the lentil thing. Bloody lovely.

Worthy Farm Toasties: Ham and cheese. Fresh, tasty, lovely.

Teabag Chihuahua: lovely chicken burrito on the Tuesday - they're always open early for staff so I always support them, and they never disappoint.

Pizza from the place in Theatre and Circus - now I know why we litter picked so many boxes - delicious!!

Veggies at Williams Green: again, a pre-show favourite as they open all week. Enjoyed a spicy Mexican.

Proper Coffee: THE best coffee on site by a country mile.

And more of that delicious Shepherd's ice cream than I care to admit to. The blackcurrant ripple is to die for.

Sadly didn't have a chance to have an Indonesian Coconut Curry - have tried them before and they're really good. However they're at Womad later this month so I'm sure I'll have chance to indulge.

Edited by pie_and_a_pint
  • Thanks 1

Breakfast Bus was top notch as always, great fuel for the day.

Also loved the Worthy Farm Toasties, great lunch on our first shift. The mixed cheese one was so nice and there was loads of cheese in it too. 

Old favourites the Roaming Rotisserie and Flaming Cactus were staples as always 

Plus the burger place (farm one?) By the Brothers bar was amazing. The burger was huge and so tasty

Oh and I almost forgot the chicken strips and chips at the place near the Other Stage on the corner. Very basic and maybe I was just very hungry but it was exactly what I wanted at the time 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

One of the only real disappointments I had was 'Wrap Up' by the Gateway. I'd heard good things, so maybe I just got a dud burrito, but it was essentially a tonne of rice in a wrap with barely any filling. 

I actually had the same with them. The two I had at Manchester Cricket Ground in the week before were lovely and packed full of stuff, but found the same at Glastonbury. That said, it was Sunday night at like 2am 

2 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

Goan Fish Curry: for once I managed to grab kedgeree as my litter pick shift finished early. It was as delicious as always.

Goan Fish Curry again: for the lentil thing. Bloody lovely.

So I don't eat seafood and have therefore never tried the Goan Fish Curry... tell me more about this 'lentil thing'? What's their veggie offering like?

I meant to check it out but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time this year.

4 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

What did people rate this year then? I'm keeping a list in the hope I'm able to get a ticket for 2025...

A few highlights:

- Bayou cajun place on the corner between West Holts and Greenpeace – chicken/chip/slaw box was very very delicious, big boy portions too. 

- Indonesian Coconut Curry opposite BBC Introducing – so good I had it twice... rendang on Thursday then back for chicken and chickpea/spinach/shroom combo on Sunday. Absolutely blown away. May it remain at Glastonbury forever.
- Anna Mae's by the bandstand – had to be done. Was absolutely trashed when I got it and blew £20 on a big portion of the BBQ hot dog option with every topping. I regret nothing.
- Paletas by West Holts – the hype is real. Kiwi/watermelon lolly with a dusting of the tajin seasoning was incredible in the Saturday morning heat.
- Eat the Farm – again, the hype is real. Bit gutted I never got there for breakfast / that they didn't have an all-day breakfast option, but the burger I had was absolutely banging.
- Cheese Truck between Pyramid and San Remo – always so solid, but slightly disappointing that this particular truck didn't have the same (and better) options as the one by The Other stage. But I get they might have wanted to keep their menu simple in such a ridiculously high-footfall spot to keep queues down.

One of the only real disappointments I had was 'Wrap Up' by the Gateway. I'd heard good things, so maybe I just got a dud burrito, but it was essentially a tonne of rice in a wrap with barely any filling. And 'Greek Expectations' was not the one either – again, had heard good things but was a bit underwhelmed.

I had Indonesian Coconut Curry from a stall near the Pyramid, as you look at the Pyramid stage, the first path towards market place to the left of the stage. Is that a different company? or did they have 2 stands?

So my husband and I had a flat bread loaded with salad and crispy chicken and an amazing hot sauce and fries for a side. Think it came to £28 for the two mains and the side and there was SO much food. It tasted incredible and such generous portions. Can't for the life of me remember the name but it was in Silver Hayes and something to do with flat bread... 

35 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

So I don't eat seafood and have therefore never tried the Goan Fish Curry... tell me more about this 'lentil thing'? What's their veggie offering like?

I meant to check it out but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time this year.

It's a lightly spiced lentil daal, served with rice. It's tasty rather than spicy - and comes in at £9 instead of £13 for the fish version, so very good value.

I enjoy seafood, but sadly the original fish curry has got too spicy for me over the years - they seem to have cranked it up from 'medium' to 'hot' which is outside my comfort zone!

26 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

I had Indonesian Coconut Curry from a stall near the Pyramid, as you look at the Pyramid stage, the first path towards market place to the left of the stage. Is that a different company? or did they have 2 stands?

They had two! Rest assured, you had the correct Indonesian Coconut Curry.

• Like 1

Managed to scoff ….

bayou mixed chicken / prawn / fries bowl. Really enjoyed 

Indonesia chicken curry place - went twice . Both great. First time had the chicken , went back for the beef rendang too 

goan fish curry - standard 

Mexican Seoul - Korean wings . Great and massive wings with so much meat on them , right old mess to eat but worth it 

eat the bird - grabbed a burger one lunchtime and very impressed 

really enjoyed all but I think if I had to pick a winner I would go with beef rendang from the Indonesian chicken curry place 

Cheers for recommendations all 

The American BBQ place opposite the entrance to Kidz Field. Just melt in the mouth bits of meat. Boozy Brisket with Burnt Bits. Yum. And with a convenient crepe stall next door for afters.

Basically lived off of them & Eat The Farm Porky Burgers and a crew breakfast every morning, with a banana and an orange for lunch.

Oh the joy of having breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit laid on for you when you wake up is a true volunteering bonus.

It's just occurred to me that I didn't have my traditional Sunshine Smoothie this year. That's a tradition broken. Were they even there? Usually have a place near other and another in The Park.

Also looking through this thread and walking around at the weekend, I was struck by how far the food at Glasto had come.

My first Glasto was in 2011 and there was so much generic burger van stuff. That sort of stuff is now more or less fully outnumbered (outside of the little strip at the top of The Other stage field).