Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

Jerk village between carhenge and pyramid was good. Curry goat was pricey at £16 but it tasted so good I had it again the following evening.

Had a basic but tasty lamb curry from the Indian food vendor just before you go through the arch between west Holts and Greenpeace. I think called "zouk heavenly Indian food".

Bit out of the way but the pizza place underneath the tipi field called pizza and puppets? Really good pizza that was good value and they did kids portions too. Very friendly as well.

My main food disappointment was chilli kitchen opposite jerk village. I had wanted to do dosa deli but they were cash only at that point so had to do something else. It was a halloumi masala. It wasn't bad but just didn't taste of anything and minimal sauce.

I wanted to do the curry goat from west Holts too but didn't get chance.

Pazzos pizza by Greenpeace was pretty underwhelming size wise for the price.

Brownies from the pudding wagon at carhenge were truly amazing. And pretty good value particularly for a festival.

The steak baguette from the kitchen outside acoustic stage/kidzfield is decent value even if not mind-blowing flavour wise.

Ice lollies paletas at west Holts really good too.

Special shout to meloncauli 2 outside acoustic stage. Always reliable pick me up smoothie there and fast service.

Will have to try the Indonesian curry next time!

PXL_20240627_164326856.jpg

7 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

What was the name of this place?

Blue Moon Cafe?  In Woodsies by the tree stage. I know that they do Shambala and probably some others as well. 
They only do one choice of meal a day but it’s always tasty. They also do lots of toasties and drinks/cakes

Food options were utter shite. 20 different Mexican places that were as bad as the dark day of British cuisine in the 90s. Tiny portions of bad mac n cheese from people who don't even understand basic food chemistry of emulsions or miniscule overcooked burgers. Don't get me started on the Asian options or, shudder, the "bbq". Only good vaguely authentic meals I had were from the jerk places.

Queues were always too big for many of my faves like Goan curry and Creole.

Worst of all was Tommy's pizza in Silver Hayes. Avoid at all costs. 15 minutes to make a really bad 6" pizza and then had the cheek to charge £15 for it.

Edited by dulcificum

Kedgeree on point this year. Green chili a nice addition. 

Chicken Tikka Masala from the place around the corner not so much. 

1 minute ago, dulcificum said:

Food options were utter shite. 20 different Mexican places that were as bad as the dark day of British cuisine in the 90s. Tiny portions of bad mac n cheese or miniscule overcooked burgers. Don't get me started on the Asian options or, shudder, the "bbq". Only good vaguely authentic meals I had were from the jerk places.

Worst of all was Tommy's pizza in Silver Hayes. Avoid at all costs. 15 minutes to make a really bad 6" pizza and then had the cheek to charge £15 for it.

Anna's Mac and Cheese was lovely.

The Wood fired pizza place at the end of Carhenge was one of the best Ive ever had, anywhere. 

Cheeky Burger was quality. 

Edited by The Nal

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Kedgeree on point this year. Green chili a nice addition. 

Chicken Tikka Masala from the place around the corner not so much. 

Anna's Mac and Cheese was lovely.

The Wood fired pizza place at the end of Carhenge was one of the best Ive ever had, anywhere. 

Cheeky Burger was quality. 

I had a pizza from there Sunday night as most other places were closed and it was bloody fantastic.

43 minutes ago, mph said:

There used to be local charities running some food stalls

Simple stuff, baked potatoes and fillings etc, cornflakes in the morning

i didn't see any this year

There was still the usual suspects. As mentioned, Tor Rugby Club next to the Cider Bus, Divers Diner on the path between Pyramid and Acoustic, and also some of the Campsite Cafes are run by community groups. The only one I think has really fallen by the wayside is Wells Rugby Club - but they never really got established, with Tor RFC already doing their thing a few stalls away.