Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

Top 3:

Bayou in Holts for Surf n Turf. Good as ever.

Mexican Seoul near BBC Intro for Wings. Sublime.

GOAT: Prancing Peacock between Pointo & San Remo. Me & Mrs 4am shared a gluten free pakora snack box with mango chutney and a portion of chickpea curry with rice and a Bhaji and couldn’t finish it all, even though it was delicious. 10/10.

My Top 3

1) Bunnyman’s Bunnychow (Incredible!!! Just stick a roll on ice if you go for the hot one.)

2) Dosa Deli (Back to their best!) 

3) Crumble Shack The Second (Not sure if it was honestly better or not, I’d have to have Crumble Shack again, but that Biscoff crumble is something else!!!) 

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Their onion bhajis are second to none! And an absolute steal at £6 for a bowl full! 😋

The size of that bowl is insane too!!! We got one to share between 2 of us, as an in between meals snack, one afternoon, didn’t eat for the rest of that evening until we were heading home at 6:30am!!! 

• Upvote 1

I thought there were huge inconsistencies in portion size and price this year.

Some of the Mac Cheese portions and various wraps in particular, don't know how some of them had the front to charge £13-£15 for what was provided.

My top three.

1. Sharing box from Habibi's Salad & Wraps (Market not far Ciderbus/Pyramid). Cost £14 (from memory). Fried Halloumi and so much salad. The tray must have weighed a kilo. Too much for two hungry guys to eat and tasted heavenly.

2. Roaming Rotisserie (William's Green). Whole chicken served with potatoes, stuffing and gravy. Cost £22.

Stated as serving 3-4. Served on two plates, a feast for two people. We had this twice as it was soo good.

3. Loaded Brownies from Paradise Puddings (Market not far Ciderbus/Pyramid). Part of the £6 offer. Choice of Kinder, Oreo or Biscoff toppings. All three were amazing. Sugar hit as good as any drugs on-site.

Shout-out to Dosa Deli. As above, £6 bhaji deal is a genuine bargain. Not as impressed with the Massala Dosa this year but still pretty good 🙂

33 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

I thought there were huge inconsistencies in portion size and price this year.

Some of the Mac Cheese portions and various wraps in particular, don't know how some of them had the front to charge £13-£15 for what was provided

Spot on. And to counter my previous moan, Dosa Deli was indeed banging and great value.

Palleleria portion puts all the stingy stall to shame as well.

I loved the food this year, had some great meals, one or two that were a miss but you get that.....

My Best

Pulled Beef Hash form the hot dog and BBQ place on the way to west holts from Carhenge, Huge portion, great flavor

Beef arepas from the venezuelan food place in west holts, portion was on the small side for the price but was very tasty

shakshuka for breakfast at the falafel place at the bottom of muddy lane

and

a Goat curry form Spice Pete's 

I won't go throught them all but my best was Burger Beyond and their butter bacon burger. One of the best burgers I've had and defnitely at any festival. Went twice over the weekend.

Tipsy Texan brisket loaded fries - amazing. With gravy, cheese and jalepnos. 

Decent pizza from Arcadia

Mexican Seoul - a couple of nice beef tacos. Didn't think they were anything amazing though. Their wings looked good but didn't try them.

Cluck Farmyard. Good buffalo chicken strips and fries.

Hetty's Henhouse - chicken burger with bacon and a hashbrown. Pretty drunk at this point but the chicken was nice but bacon was crap.

Sam's Pies probably the worst - was really hungry before Bloc Party and my fault for going there. The pie was OK I suppose. Mash was cold and rank and the gravy like water. Ate the pie and the rest went in the bin.

Edited by Chip Batch