Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Same. 

I won’t be eating a giant Yorkshire pudding, that’s for certain. 

Not a chance. I'm sticking to places I know from previous feats.

On Download, I reckon, without any inside knowledge, that it was clostridium perfringens, which can occur commonly in roasted meats and gravy when you're hot holding them (storing them hot for a period of time before serving.) Same quick onset, same nasty, but ultimately not life threatening unless you're at risk, symptoms. And the food on sale at the Yorkie stall, and they way they cook and hot hold it, fits the profile too. 

It's temperature abuse that causes it, not holding food above 63c or if you hold it lower than 63c, holding it for more than 2 hours. This could occur at the best stalls, for several reasons beyond their control. If for example, their equipment breaks, and the timing falls between their regular probe checks, the food drops below temperature and is served to some people before they catch it. 

Just make sure that anything you eat, that has been hot held, feels like it's been held at over 63c, if it's not over 63c don't eat it!!! Or only visit the busy stalls, as their food will not be held more than 2 hours. If you do suspect that it's below 63c, ask them to probe the batch in front of you, they shouldn't have an issue with it, and you could be helping them and saving hundreds from illness. 

Edited by Alvoram
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Fillings:
Apple

Red Cherry
Rhubarb

Crumbles:
Traditional
Cinnamon
Biscoff
Oreo

Toppings:
Hot Custard
Ice Cream

Shame there isn't a choice of custards, but other than that, it looks like a suitable replacement. 

On that list:

Rhubarb

Cinnamon

Ice Cream.

For the win.  I'm moist just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

I watched the TPD TV vlog on this last night, 3 of them were horrendously ill 🤒 

Oh no!!! I normally watch TPD TV videos, I know they love a yorkie pud! Haha. I haven't caught up on the download one yet...I think I might avoid it! 

10 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Oh no!!! I normally watch TPD TV videos, I know they love a yorkie pud! Haha. I haven't caught up on the download one yet...I think I might avoid it! 

Avoiding the Yorkie Pud is the most importantly thing!!

Honestly it was horrific 😂

• Like 1

for some reason, over the past few months, i've gone mad for soup!

just been eating constant soup...

now, i've never, in 30 years, been at Glastonbury and thought "y'know, i really fancy soup"... so this'll be a first!

any recommendations? 

7 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

now, i've never, in 30 years, been at Glastonbury and thought "y'know, i really fancy soup"... so this'll be a first!

any recommendations? 

Is the Dorset Blue cheese company still there or are they well gone? Used to do a good blue cheese and brocolli soup.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Is the Dorset Blue cheese company still there or are they well gone? Used to do a good blue cheese and brocolli soup.

They've been gone a few years now. 

Shame. Lifesaver during cold/wet years.

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

any recommendations? 

Don't think I've ever had soup at a festival (apart from maybe a cup a soup in my poor student days 😂), but soup-a-juice must have some and their smoothies are good

7 hours ago, Dave_c said:

I watched it too, horrendous. Made me well paranoid about food this weekend.

I felt so sorry for the poor girl in their group, it hit her like a train, she should have gone home earlier. 

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I felt so sorry for the poor girl in their group, it hit her like a train, she should have gone home earlier. 

She probably wanted to, but you can’t really travel if you’re shitting yourself every 5 minutes!! 

4 hours ago, -TLR- said:

any recommendations? 

Can't beat a good soup, never had one at Glasto though

5 hours ago, -TLR- said:

any recommendations? 

Looks like a couple of soup places...

Soup.JPG

14 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Fillings:
Apple

Red Cherry
Rhubarb

Crumbles:
Traditional
Cinnamon
Biscoff
Oreo

Toppings:
Hot Custard
Ice Cream

Shame there isn't a choice of custards, but other than that, it looks like a suitable replacement. 

What! No gingerbread. That on top of rhubarb was great last year 

Can confirm the Pudding Wagon opposite Carhenge is worth a visit if you have a sweet tooth. Super friendly baker, and a great deal of brownie and milkshake for £6 (milkshake on its own was £5.50) Hit all the spots as it is indeed El Scorchio at present. 

What did people rate this year then? I'm keeping a list in the hope I'm able to get a ticket for 2025...

A few highlights:

- Bayou cajun place on the corner between West Holts and Greenpeace – chicken/chip/slaw box was very very delicious, big boy portions too. 

- Indonesian Coconut Curry opposite BBC Introducing – so good I had it twice... rendang on Thursday then back for chicken and chickpea/spinach/shroom combo on Sunday. Absolutely blown away. May it remain at Glastonbury forever.
- Anna Mae's by the bandstand – had to be done. Was absolutely trashed when I got it and blew £20 on a big portion of the BBQ hot dog option with every topping. I regret nothing.
- Paletas by West Holts – the hype is real. Kiwi/watermelon lolly with a dusting of the tajin seasoning was incredible in the Saturday morning heat.
- Eat the Farm – again, the hype is real. Bit gutted I never got there for breakfast / that they didn't have an all-day breakfast option, but the burger I had was absolutely banging.
- Cheese Truck between Pyramid and San Remo – always so solid, but slightly disappointing that this particular truck didn't have the same (and better) options as the one by The Other stage. But I get they might have wanted to keep their menu simple in such a ridiculously high-footfall spot to keep queues down.

One of the only real disappointments I had was 'Wrap Up' by the Gateway. I'd heard good things, so maybe I just got a dud burrito, but it was essentially a tonne of rice in a wrap with barely any filling. And 'Greek Expectations' was not the one either – again, had heard good things but was a bit underwhelmed.

We also doubled up with two visits to Indonesian Coconut Curry. Still thinking about how good the beef rendang was. Had that on the Friday then a combo of that and the chicken on Sunday.

Archie's Toastie - really hit the spot in the early evening when I needed a bit of a dirty energy boost

No Frickin' Chicken - got a really good classic "chicken" burger from there

Anna Mae's - meh, went to the one up by Woodsies/San Remo at the end of the Saturday night and it was fine, but didn't really feel worth the cost

Pimp my Fries - kinda similar to Anna Mae's. Fine, but nothing to right home about.