Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

16 hours ago, Snoop Cat said:

Never seem to be able to find eat the farm, heard lots of good things about their breakfast bap - where are they normally situated? 

As you walk down from Left Field to West Holts , its on the left hand side towards the end.

Pic of brekkie burger attached.

IMG_6973.HEIC

Edited by CH0161
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May be controversial, but having been an advocate of the Goan Fish Curry stall for many years, I thought it was disappointing last year.  I usually have the Kedgeree one day and a Fish Curry at another point of the weekend.  Found both to be below par last year.  Not bad as such, just nowhere near as good.

10 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

May be controversial, but having been an advocate of the Goan Fish Curry stall for many years, I thought it was disappointing last year.  I usually have the Kedgeree one day and a Fish Curry at another point of the weekend.  Found both to be below par last year.  Not bad as such, just nowhere near as good.

This is very bad news indeed. I missed last year, so I'm very much hoping that this was a blip and they'll be back to standard quality this year.

31 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Not had it at Glastonbury for a very long time but I did have it at Womad a couple of years ago. It was good but nothing amazing. Possibly an element of cost cutting by them?

1 hour ago, G2022 said:

Can I ask - how long do people on this thread wait for their food? It kill’s me waiting around for ages!

If I can avoid it, very rarely.  I'm opportunistic, seizing the moment if I'm passing something that doesn't have a queue. 

Miss me with queuing for half an hour for a bacon roll at breakfast when I can get the Tibetan momos from the place next door immediately.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, G2022 said:

Can I ask - how long do people on this thread wait for their food? It kill’s me waiting around for ages!

Rule of thumb for me is that if the queue is 3 deep already, I'll go elsewhere. 

5 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

I’ve emailed le rac shack. The anticipation is too much 

I messaged on Instagram a few days ago, funnily enough! No reply yet...

Will be gutted if they aren't back again as they've been a staple of mine over the last few festivals.

8 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

actually I have tge same routine and I agree with you completely I may even give them a miss this year 

No idea of the name but there was a place that did some delicious fried brie last year. Definitely in my all time top 3 of festival food.

Think it was at the top of the theatre fields, close to the acoustic field entrance.

9 hours ago, devonhammer said:

This is very bad news indeed. I missed last year, so I'm very much hoping that this was a blip and they'll be back to standard quality this year.

My mackerel curry was good. Up to standard. Just way more expensive 😩

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Anna Mae’s Mac ’n’ Cheese have truffles now?!

They've definitely had it as a topping at Shambala for several years now (which is meat-free, and so vendors do sometimes have a different offering).

Can't remember seeing it elsewhere, but that probably doesn't mean anything.