Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think that's up for debate.  No reunion hype, multiple shows since and only one largely ignored new track.

New album presumably gonna be announced before the festival and I think they’ll at least have a new song out for it. Not that it’ll make much of a wave to a Coldplay audience at large, but it might make their sizable placement a little more understandable come festival time. 

Also New Body Rhumba absolutely slaps and I really hope they play it. Proper harkens back to the LCD of old after American Dream largely did away with the dancier elements of their sound. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean, I do say all this as a fan.

Oh I know. Maybe I’m trying to convince myself that they’re not gonna die on their arse up there. Gonna have to make sure I’m suitably f**ked by that time so that I don’t notice the sea of people on their phones around me. 

57 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Pulp into SZA will be a bizarre crowd change-over, I must say.

I also cannot vouch for SZA's live capabilities, but I can for Pulp and LCD. She'll have a tall order to follow if both are on point.

Anyone following Pulp has their job cut out.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

LCD Soundsystem subbing feels similar to The XX before Radiohead in 2017. I was slightly doubtful that their lo-fi tunes were gonna land on that stage but they nailed it. I think LCD could have a similar effect.

Substitute "Loud Places" for "All My Friends" for all the Pyramid field feels.

The xx really did nail that slot.

And All My Friends has the chance to be massive. It gets a lot of traction in sport montages on the telly - one of those songs more people will know more than they realise.

If anything, Daft Punk Is Playing....., will get the biggest reception. 

Although not sure they play it every show, they certainly didn't when I saw them at Ally Pally. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Although not sure they play it every show, they certainly didn't when I saw them at Ally Pally. 

That's a problem. I reckon they will, but it easily could go AWOL too.

Not one that will generate the widest response, but possibly the biggest for those in the know - Someone Great. What an absolutely insane piece of craft that is.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Be dumb dumbs not to utilise one of their bigger hits in a slot they’re gonna struggle in. One of the few songs that could get nonplussed people on board. 

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Be dumb dumbs not to utilise one of their bigger hits in a slot they’re gonna struggle in. One of the few songs that could get nonplussed people on board. 

Personally think they should just fully go the other way and play the full 45:33 (maybe the Madison Square Garden version with Sound of Silver placed in the middle).

(Obviously they should not do this)

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Any evidence? would be perfect timing as his recent tour is a hit after hit greatest hits bangers.

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Any evidence? would be perfect timing as his recent tour is a hit after hit greatest hits bangers.

No unfortunately just fingers crossed