Coldplay

smogo

Well I have had probably the worst year , personally, of my life this year so far. We had to go home to Torbay at the beginning of February to nurse my father in law as he had Alzheimer’s and mother in law was his carer but was ill in hospital herself. He sadly and very much unexpectedly passed away at the end of April. We are all still in shock, as a family.

Ive been lucky enough to have been volunteering at the farm since 2009 and it’s been my life, and everyone around me knew it!! This year I’ve not been interested in it until today after watching these clips from 2016. If they are half as good as 2016 I will be a happy man. Will probably blart the whole way through the set. Can’t wait now.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Well I have had probably the worst year , personally, of my life this year so far. We had to go home to Torbay at the beginning of February to nurse my father in law as he had Alzheimer’s and mother in law was his carer but was ill in hospital herself. He sadly and very much unexpectedly passed away at the end of April. We are all still in shock, as a family.

Ive been lucky enough to have been volunteering at the farm since 2009 and it’s been my life, and everyone around me knew it!! This year I’ve not been interested in it until today after watching these clips from 2016. If they are half as good as 2016 I will be a happy man. Will probably blart the whole way through the set. Can’t wait now.

2016 was insanely good. but hard to capture that moment again, it was brexit weekend, it was pissing it down and thye managed to be some light at the end of a dark tunnel. not even the biggest fan but that set was so so good. 

I mean they are going to play the new album so just make peace with it now,. i reckon 4 songs though from the new one, BTS special guest which the whole world will care about but nobody at glasto will know who they are and then throw in a few more old school songs, plus some big special guests  and we got a good night on our hands

Spent the last couple of hours listening through that Athens setlist (I added in a few past UK hits that weren't in it). It all sounded fine to me, helped of course by the fact the new and less familiar songs sound quite a lot like their older and more familiar ones. I totally get that they are safe and therefore not hugely interesting headliners, but they'll do their job well and I look forward to watching them do it.

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

I'm not a Coldplay fan, but I might even go and see it. It'll be fun, and I think they'll do something special 😊 All the best.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I'm not a Coldplay fan, but I might even go and see it. It'll be fun, and I think they'll do something special 😊 All the best.

It really was a magic set. My first time seeing them too! Saw them last year at the etihad and the new stuff mixed with poor stadium sound made it fall a bit flat.

It'll be so much better on the farm!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

It really was a magic set. My first time seeing them too! Saw them last year at the etihad and the new stuff mixed with poor stadium sound made it fall a bit flat.

I was at the Etihad and was pitch standing the sound was okay and it had really good atmosphere 

I wasn’t at Glastonbury in 2016 but did see the ‘Play as part of the same tour in Melbourne that year. They were magnificent. I’m certain they’ll bring something very special to the Pyramid this year.  

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

It’s going to be good, you deserve it. We’ve been binging on Glastonbury highlights for a week now and the excitement is building. Saw James live a few days ago and was thinking how good they will be on the farm. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

You had the open goal and you put it wide. 😫

"Fixed you"

B*ll*cks... Ballsed that up didn't I? Oh well can't turn back the clocks now...

(Yeh I know, too little too late...) 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Edit function still exists...

Everything's not lost...

😉

Let's just hope they didn't have a sneaky look in here when they were last online an hour ago. 🙂 

Edited by Alvoram

13 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

😉

Let's just hope they didn't have a sneaky look in here when they were last online an hour ago. 🙂 

I'm now in a world of pain wondering if you missed my last pun and whether your reference to Clocks was deliberate or not? 😄😄😄

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm now in a world of pain wondering if you missed my last pun and whether your reference to Clocks was deliberate or not? 😄😄😄

Don't worry, it wasn't lost on me... I didn't miss the pun, and it was no accident either... 😂

(I did think you'd wrapped a serious suggestion up in that pun though, so went to check when they were last online... 🙈

9 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Don't worry, it wasn't lost on me... I didn't miss the pun, and it was no accident either... 😂

(I did think you'd wrapped a serious suggestion up in that pun though, so went to check when they were last online... 🙈

Ha! Love this! 

It’s likely that Coldplay will get the biggest pyramid crowd, despite the criticism from many about the booking and the Chris Martin jibes it’s going to be a great show. And it’s Glastonbury, plenty options if it’s not your thing. 

15 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

I was at the Etihad and was pitch standing the sound was okay and it had really good atmosphere 

We were higher up to the side. The main issue I remember was overloaded bass, which seems to be an eternal problem at so many gigs. I'm guessing anywhere near the sound desk would be great as I'm assuming that's the spot it's balanced for?

Always amazes me how damn good the sound is at Glastonbury.

18 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

17 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

We were higher up to the side. The main issue I remember was overloaded bass, which seems to be an eternal problem at so many gigs. I'm guessing anywhere near the sound desk would be great as I'm assuming that's the spot it's balanced for?

Always amazes me how damn good the sound is at Glastonbury.

I thought the sound was bad at the Etihad too. We were middle back of the standing area and could barely make out the first few songs. It got a bit better but never perfect. Wembley was much better