Coldplay

smogo

1 hour ago, Drums Please Fab said:

And before people start having a pop at my previous post it is not the guests themselves I have an issue with on an individual level.

Its the cynical "box tickery" of it all.

Here are my black friends, here are my Palestinian friends, here is my disabled friend, here is my friend with Parkinsons.

It feels contrived and insincere.

Sounds like you're the cynical one tbh.

• Upvote 1

I'm not there, but got a text last night "You watching Glastonbury? Chris Martin is making a right tw*t of himself. Fake as Fck".

Full transparancy I have never liked Coldplay. Hated them before it was cool to, but I will try to be fair...

I think when a band like Idles do a political point, it comes across as authentic & real. Coldplay (like U2 - who's stuff 1980-2001 I really do like) seem like box tickers. I'm not passing judgement on their sincerity, just the perception.

Maybe it's cos of the level of fame? It's harder to look sincere at that level. How can you be worth £300m, charge £100 a ticket for gigs & give a sh*t about helping the world?

Or does telling someone to "fuvk off" just seem real vs how Coldplay do it? I don't know.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Like 1

Thought the first half was brilliant, then it went a bit strange. Thought fix you was great and emotional. Not sure why they didn’t finish with it. Bit annoying when he asked for no phones and people were still filming, can no one enjoy anything anymore without capturing a picture or a video? I find that quite sad. No In My Place on the setlist is a bit gutting, would’ve liked Talk too. I do think Chris Martin is a genuinely nice guy and Coldplay do mean well. People just love to hate certain bands and Coldplay are in that category. Really enjoyed them but they could’ve been better. 

6 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

The first half an hour was as good as you'll ever see, then he went into Bob Geldof mode and basically filmed a united colours of Benneton ad on stage.

We had the amputee piano player, the Palestinian singer, we had the geriatric Michael Eavis looking confused and not 'in" on what was going on. We had Michael J Fox wheeled out (literally) with a guitar placed in his hands that he clearly could'nt play so he could be used as a prop for Chris to prance around and gurn beside while ironically singing "fix you". We had a baltic string quartet and a load of other punters knocking about on stage who no doubt are oppressed in some way so the good lords of Coldplay can save them from the patriarchy/capitalism/Israel et al.

We had a security guard on ten quid an hour led to the front of a stage like a drunk auntie coercing her husband to the dance floor at a wedding while wearing a light up neon alien head.

First half was inspiration. Second half was masturbation.

Play the hits and get off the f**king stage you twats.

Haha. Didn't clock the amputee Jerry Lee. 

I loved the 2nd half. Some of the most random sh*t I've ever seen at a gig. 

Chris is a weird dude. 

56 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I thought I dreamt Chris Martin singing “fix you” at a wheelchair bound Michael J Fox. That made me a little uncomfortable.

His inclusion was so random and bizarre…

it was as if Chris Martin was talking to his manager saying “who’s knocking about back stage?” 

“Eh Sadie Frost, Idris Elba and Michael J Fox amongst others”

”oh yeah what’s he up to these days?”

”he’s f**king banjaxed Chris, in a wheelchair and can barely talk”

and then as Peter Kay says in Phoenix Nights about the inflatable 20 foot c*ck and balls….

”stick him in the corner , we’ll ave him”

There was a stench of this off the whole afffair :

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, foolee said:

Thought the first half was brilliant, then it went a bit strange. Thought fix you was great and emotional. Not sure why they didn’t finish with it. Bit annoying when he asked for no phones and people were still filming, can no one enjoy anything anymore without capturing a picture or a video? I find that quite sad. No In My Place on the setlist is a bit gutting, would’ve liked Talk too. I do think Chris Martin is a genuinely nice guy and Coldplay do mean well. People just love to hate certain bands and Coldplay are in that category. Really enjoyed them but they could’ve been better. 

I like Coldplay, particularly their old stuff, but they are getting high on their own supply now. As another poster alluded to, 300 quid a ticket to see them these days and he going on about how the world is so unequal etc Although it’s no wonder with his old queen bee hawking bottled up vaginal scents.

We watched Chris Martin sniff his own farts in front of 100,000 people last night.

38 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah I mean I've never seen sky full of stars but when he said to put phones away I was happy enough to.

14 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I mean I've never seen sky full of stars but when he said to put phones away I was happy enough to.

The request to put the phones away, we’re all together in one band keeping it reel, came across as genuine on tv…. until the wristbands all started flashing, the lasers kicked in and the fireworks went off 🤣🤣

The mj fox bit was at best uncomfortable. I hope the fake guitar playing was his idea.

50 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I like Coldplay, particularly their old stuff, but they are getting high on their own supply now. As another poster alluded to, 300 quid a ticket to see them these days and he going on about how the world is so unequal etc Although it’s no wonder with his old queen bee hawking bottled up vaginal scents.

We watched Chris Martin sniff his own farts in front of 100,000 people last night.

Where are people paying £300? I paid £90 for standing last year, and IIRC most of the seating was cheaper.

Not a low fee by any means, but nowhere near £300.

Edited by WhoOdyssey

We missed the first hour as came over from Orbital so were quite far back. Anything past the first three albums and I'm not interested but it was really hard to have your Chris Martin guard up when surrounded by people absolutely loving it, dancing and singing along to every word - and those lasers. It might have been a combo of The Streets playing Dry Your Eyes earlier (memories of a Gbury when it seemed to be playing from every food stall) and Orbital but Fix You got me right there. 

10 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Where are people paying £300? I paid £90 for standing last year, and IIRC most of the seating was cheaper.

Not a low fee by any means, but nowhere near £300.

We get rail roaded for gigs in Ireland. Pearl Jam was mental money too.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

I thought the first half and end were good. Couldn't really see what was going on in the middle bit. Too far back. I thought the BBC camera crews were brilliant and bypassed the flags all evening. Did anyone else spot the weird wizzy up and down camera on the left? I loved the BTS projection onto the top of the pyramid. That was truly epic. But I felt the whole thing was produced for the TV audience and not for the crowd there.