Coldplay

smogo

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yeah, possibly. I hadn’t seen Coldplay since that 2011 gig, so it was almost all new for me and I loved it. 

Similar for me, 2012 was the last time I’d seen them. I loved their set this year. Fairly out there at times and occasionally the flow was a little off but fair do’s, it’s their fifth time and they smashed it. Watched some of it last night and it’s great.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Seems there’s rumours of a 10 day Wembley residency …. Oh and if anyone managed to grab a Glastonbury Coldplay tshirt in large , or spots one for sale . EBay out my price range sadly 

When is the residency planned for?

10 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

When is the residency planned for?

Not too sure , it relates to the new moon music stuff which is out in October. Sept is rumoured but it would likely be mid sept onward as there is an international break which would likely mean Wembley is in use early sept 

8 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not too sure , it relates to the new moon music stuff which is out in October. Sept is rumoured but it would likely be mid sept onward as there is an international break which would likely mean Wembley is in use early sept 

I think Wembley have used up all their live event licence slots this year with Taylor Swift, so would assume this is for next summer rather than later this year. Would also be surprising to tour the album before it’s launch. 

5 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

I think Wembley have used up all their live event licence slots this year with Taylor Swift, so would assume this is for next summer rather than later this year. Would also be surprising to tour the album before it’s launch. 

ah yeah maybe thats the case . that makes more sense .... had just seen a few bits on twitter maybe the fans getting a little carried away then 🙂 

18 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

Based on what's taken place so far and what's scheduled, I count that they're at either 14 or 15 "non sporting" events this year, out of an allowed 24.

The variable is whether wrestling counts as a Sports Event for licencing purposes or not.

9 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Wembley have put an application to have more none sports events

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/24352851.wembley-stadium-applies-increase-number-major-events/

also found this which indicates when shows would be next year. Looks like Coldplay is August. 

image.thumb.png.484ba5a2a4ed40b6178f85a22271a44f.png

If 11-20 July is just one artist that's intriguing...

Unless they're going to completely revamp their live show to coincide with the upcoming album (and it looks they aren't) it'd be an odd move to a Wembley residency after doing six nights only two years ago.

Edited by crumbler