Coldplay

smogo

I'm still fascinated how the hell they've ended up in Hull - more specifically at Craven Park. It's a tiny place compared to usual stadium tours, and not particularly in superb nick either.

But if it leaves a massive cultural and financial footprint for the city, then fair stuff. Absolutely go for it.

I assume it's to do with the start of the football season. The league campaign will be on the home straight then, and Hull KR could feasibly get a few weeks on the road to accommodate it all.

I was in Perth last year, when they played their only Australian shows. Went for a tour of the Optus Stadium eight days before and they had already shut off huge swathes of it to begin construction.

Cannot imagine that this isn't a two-to-three week job.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm still fascinated how the hell they've ended up in Hull - more specifically at Craven Park. It's a tiny place compared to usual stadium tours, and not particularly in superb nick either.

But if it leaves a massive cultural and financial footprint for the city, then fair stuff. Absolutely go for it.

It's a pretty intimate gig for them compared to the venues they normally play. I actually think Wembley will be a bit better though because the wristbands look so good in the upper tier 

28 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

It's a pretty intimate gig for them compared to the venues they normally play. I actually think Wembley will be a bit better though because the wristbands look so good in the upper tier 

Absolutely is intimate. It's nice to see a group of their size plump for somewhere a little off the usual circuit of mega-shows. I know it hosted plenty back in the day, but Ed Sheeran rocking up at Roundhay Park for two gigs - which remarkably didn't actually sell out - on the end of the Divide Tour was a proper buzz.

Craven Park is pretty close to a Siemens site where off-shore wind turbines are constructed, the rugby club/its owners have pretty good ties with them, I imagine with the bands eco-focus it was a factor of playing the venue.

It is far from glamourous, and a fair way from the City Centre, however it is a 25K capacity venue. MKM stadium hasn't held a gig/event for a long time which is a huge shame.

12 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Craven Park is pretty close to a Siemens site where off-shore wind turbines are constructed, the rugby club/its owners have pretty good ties with them, I imagine with the bands eco-focus it was a factor of playing the venue.

It is far from glamourous, and a fair way from the City Centre, however it is a 25K capacity venue. MKM stadium hasn't held a gig/event for a long time which is a huge shame.

Just looking at the aerial photos, one huge advantage Craven Park seems to have over most other stadiums is the huge amount of "off-pitch" space they have at one end, so they can build and break the stage without much impact on matches being played there or risking damage to the pitch - they'll just need to cover over the pitch for about 72 hours or so and not put too much weight on it aside from the actual crowd, the sound desk, and any delay stacks.

If I had to guess, that'd be the main reason they've chosen it. Once you get into August / September and the football/rugby seasons are underway then the options do become seriously limited as clubs need to protect their playing surface.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

An extra two nights at Wembley Stadium, which makes it:

Six on the first leg.

Eight on the second.

Fourteen - read it, fourteen - on the whole tour.

That smashes the record of eight held jointly by Take That and Taylor Swift.

There is space for another couple of dates as well 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

An extra two nights at Wembley Stadium, which makes it:

Six on the first leg.

Eight on the second.

Fourteen - read it, fourteen - on the whole tour.

That smashes the record of eight held jointly by Take That and Taylor Swift.

I know it's still called the Music of the Spheres Would Tour, but it will be a full 3 years between the first Wembley leg and the second...I know Taylor released TTPD mid-tour and is looping back to the US, so it's somewhat similar, but it does kind of feel like what would ordinarily have been the Moon Music tour is being treated as an extension of Music of the Spheres in order to grab these accolades slightly sneakily. 

5 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

I know it's still called the Music of the Spheres Would Tour, but it will be a full 3 years between the first Wembley leg and the second...I know Taylor released TTPD mid-tour and is looping back to the US, so it's somewhat similar, but it does kind of feel like what would ordinarily have been the Moon Music tour is being treated as an extension of Music of the Spheres in order to grab these accolades slightly sneakily. 

10 nights at Wembley to finish off this tour grabs the accolade anyway! Don't really see anything particularly odd in starting and finishing such a huge undertaking at home. 

19 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Oh, it absolutely is. But that's the way to do it.

Regarding the ticketmaster waiting room and transition to the queue - is there an optimal way of doing this? Because it seems whether I manually refresh or wait for TM, it just continues to refresh the waiting room until at least 30 seconds into the sale. Obviously by this time i’m well down the queue.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Infill gaps? Help me with the terminology please!

So for some shows there is gaps of upto 3 days, so you could add a couple more dates and they would still have a rest day (e.g. 3 on 2 off). Having all that kit and crew in London will be expensive.

I certainly expect another Hull show.

10 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

So for some shows there is gaps of upto 3 days, so you could add a couple more dates and they would still have a rest day (e.g. 3 on 2 off). Having all that kit and crew in London will be expensive.

I certainly expect another Hull show.

Ah, thank you.

I do wonder if they have fully booked themselves at ten at Wembley. Not sure there are restrictions on the number of events there, the way there is at other stadia, but with seven Oasis shows, the Community Shield and the September international break to be factored in, maybe they're at the max.

That said, looking at those new dates... England's home game for the break might be a road fixture.