Coldplay

smogo

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On second viewing that performance of Arabesque absolutely owns.

It really did! New song with Simz was great too and bodes well not just for the new album but also their stated intention to not record any more Coldplay albums after it but instead focus on collaborations with artists they find interesting.

I'm a huge Coldplay fan, I like their stuff throughout their career, and I came away with very mixed feelings. Going to watch it back tonight to see if I can make a proper judgement. But ultimately a bit disappointed.

I don't know why it annoyed me so much that he was being so ultra inclusive as to have to tell people the lyrics for the end of The Scientist and Fix You singalongs. That's probably a good thing but it really angered me for some reason! 

The start was immense, Yellow was the perfect opener and the atmosphere was electric, but it really tailed off for me with the 4 song "world music" bit and they lost a LOT of people. Encore was good so a real roller coaster. 

Strange, strange gig. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I don't know why it annoyed me so much that he was being so ultra inclusive as to have to tell people the lyrics for the end of The Scientist and Fix You singalongs. That's probably a good thing but it really angered me for some reason! 

Strange, strange gig. 

It was daft, being that he was doing it after they'd played the songs and everyone had sang the choruses 3 or 4 times already.

Was only sat at home, but was there in 2016, and would agree, both were a bit bonkers.

Not a huge Coldplay fan (don't dislike them just a bit meh) and I wouldn't have gone if not for my wife (she followed me on Fri evening, I went along with her choice on Sat and we divided and conquered on Sun afternoon).  I was very grateful that she had chosen to go as it was a special set (show!?) to be at.  Really enjoyed it (albeit didn't need quite so much chatter but I'll forgive that).