Coldplay

smogo

That was exactly my first thought.  It feels like something they demoed but never finished when recording Everyday life.  It will probably go down just fine live, plays to their live strengths musically.

On 6/22/2024 at 7:07 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Femi Kuti and his band going to be guesting.

Excellent

On 6/22/2024 at 4:03 PM, netspy said:

Are they going to rehearse in Frome?

(from Janelle Monae instagram account)

janellemonae.jpg

Maybe Frome is where the crew will be based

Must confess I’m one of their biggest fans and in all honesty they are the only real reason I came to the festival this year, but their set list was shocking tonight.

Have they not made enough money on their multiple world tours to not earn enough money to just play their hits in the most special place?

Apart from seeing Crazy Fool on the the screen I kept thinking about the sh*t this forum will say about the set😂😂

9 out of 21 songs were new.

5 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Must confess I’m one of their biggest fans and in all honesty they are the only real reason I came to the festival this year, but their set list was shocking tonight.

Have they not made enough money on their multiple world tours to not earn enough money to just play their hits in the most special place?

Apart from seeing Crazy Fool on the the screen I kept thinking about the sh*t this forum will say about the set😂😂

Really? I thought only the last one (their new single) was new. The rest have been on their albums surely.

49 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

They were 6 under par after the first nine and then stuck 5 balls into the lake.

Made a dogs dinner of the set. 

Impressive production. They have maybe shown how it's going to be in the future. This was to me at least the first truly commercial Glastonbury production, orchestrated for TV nationally and internationally. Live streamings, camera drones buzzing overhead, the budget absorbed with high end visual production accessories. A bridge has been crossed that has now been burned maybe. 

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Haha.

It's a rare thing for me to want to watch a Coldplay gig back but I so do for this.

The first half an hour was as good as you'll ever see, then he went into Bob Geldof mode and basically filmed a united colours of Benneton ad on stage.

We had the amputee piano player, the Palestinian singer, we had the geriatric Michael Eavis looking confused and not 'in" on what was going on. We had Michael J Fox wheeled out (literally) with a guitar placed in his hands that he clearly could'nt play so he could be used as a prop for Chris to prance around and gurn beside while ironically singing "fix you". We had a baltic string quartet and a load of other punters knocking about on stage who no doubt are oppressed in some way so the good lords of Coldplay can save them from the patriarchy/capitalism/Israel et al.

We had a security guard on ten quid an hour led to the front of a stage like a drunk auntie coercing her husband to the dance floor at a wedding while wearing a light up neon alien head.

First half was inspiration. Second half was masturbation.

Play the hits and get off the f**king stage you twats.

• Upvote 3

And before people start having a pop at my previous post it is not the guests themselves I have an issue with on an individual level.

Its the cynical "box tickery" of it all.

Here are my black friends, here are my Palestinian friends, here is my disabled friend, here is my friend with Parkinsons.

It feels contrived and insincere.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Really? I thought only the last one (their new single) was new. The rest have been on their albums surely.

more that they couldve just played songs from Mylo Xyloto and back and theres zero issues with the setlist. But they keep releasing albums which dont really do anything for anyone anymore. Like theyll sell some records but it might have 2 songs that end up with a spot on the setlist in terms of being "important" to them. Like I think they should just do 3 hour shows now in order to play more old tracks and then push the new stuff. If they actually decided to do a Parachutes anniversary tour that might help in terms of that. X and Y turns 20 next year and maybe they re visit those songs cause its lacking on their setlist nowadays.

pencil them in for 2030 or whenever they decide to hang it up. I doubt they wouldnt want their farewell show to be there.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

more that they couldve just played songs from Mylo Xyloto and back and theres zero issues with the setlist. But they keep releasing albums which dont really do anything for anyone anymore. Like theyll sell some records but it might have 2 songs that end up with a spot on the setlist in terms of being "important" to them. Like I think they should just do 3 hour shows now in order to play more old tracks and then push the new stuff. If they actually decided to do a Parachutes anniversary tour that might help in terms of that. X and Y turns 20 next year and maybe they re visit those songs cause its lacking on their setlist nowadays.

They have been dining out on the lasers, neon coloured clothes, face paint and wristbands for ten years now. That should be a one tour novelty, but they are as famous for the lights as they are the music at this stage. When they started with yellow I thought we were in for a treat. What transpired was self indulgent nonsense.

The avocado on toast of bands. Optical fodder for the instagram generation.