Park Stage 2024

Joey Peeps

8 minutes ago, Talcroft said:

The Park poster isn't out yet is it, I've not missed it? 

(I know I could find this out easily elsewhere, I'm just a very overworked public sector scivvy currently too tired to go hunting for stuff.) 

Will be out Weds or Thurs next week

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pilton digger said:

Will be out Weds or Thurs next week

Strummervile meant to be next Thursday according to another poster so guessing this could be the Weds if everyone is right 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Im praying for  Ethel Cain to be announced

Ethel Cain playing NYC the Thursday then Milwaukee Summerfest on the Saturday. I'm sorta double bummed as she's both not playing Glastonbury plus I'll be missing her in NYC because I'm at Glastonbury.

Though I'm happy about the lineup overall this year. Confused by the misery of some of the regulars here.  (I wish they'd had thrown their tickets back as we had 1/3 of our group not get tickets and fail in the resale).

10 hours ago, assorted said:

Though I'm happy about the lineup overall this year. Confused by the misery of some of the regulars here.  (I wish they'd had thrown their tickets back as we had 1/3 of our group not get tickets and fail in the resale).

We get spoiled for shows here in nyc.  (nice to see another new yorker on here) 

I love the lineup this year, but the thing for me is that as far as my tastes go, there are no surprises.  Everyone on the lineup that I love, I've seen - sometimes multiple times - because everyone plays nyc.  And so it's a good opportunity for me to spend my time doing things other than watching bands, and checking out some new stuff I don't know that well.  Rick Astley doing the Smiths was the best thing I saw at the whole festival last year.  Such a surprise.  Gonna be hard to top that, but I'm hoping for something, even if it's not to that scale. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, assorted said:

Ethel Cain playing NYC the Thursday then Milwaukee Summerfest on the Saturday. I'm sorta double bummed as she's both not playing Glastonbury plus I'll be missing her in NYC because I'm at Glastonbury.

I’m seeing her later in the year anyway but would love her at glasto. Just being greedy 

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed Orbital are only getting an hour, same as Leftfield last year. Considering they were billed as co-headliners recently, seems a bit frugal on the bookers' part. Not sure why Peggy Gou needs 45 minutes to set up, and most breaks throughout the day are a half hour.  

On 6/3/2024 at 3:15 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Come On Eileen is going to go off.

If they even play it.  Kevin is notoriously contrary and not known for being a crowd pleaser.  It could be a complete self indulgence.

27 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

If they even play it.  Kevin is notoriously contrary and not known for being a crowd pleaser.  It could be a complete self indulgence.

Nah, the recent setlists are solid gold. 

Just now, Mich1268 said:
31 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I will play it. 

1 hour ago, Joey Peeps said:

Just noticed Orbital are only getting an hour, same as Leftfield last year. Considering they were billed as co-headliners recently, seems a bit frugal on the bookers' part. Not sure why Peggy Gou needs 45 minutes to set up, and most breaks throughout the day are a half hour.  

Yeah - I saw that and thought co-headliners, shmo-headliners. Smacks solely of simply keeping the Hartnolls onside. Orbital do have quite a rig to put up and take down, but Peggy only needs a decks table. It's crying out for their slots being reversed, but heigh ho. 

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah - I saw that and thought co-headliners, shmo-headliners. Smacks solely of simply keeping the Hartnolls onside. Orbital do have quite a rig to put up and take down, but Peggy only needs a decks table. It's crying out for their slots being reversed, but heigh ho. 

Ben

Yep. I blame Fat Boy Slim. Amongst other things. 

14 hours ago, Joey Peeps said:

Where did that co-headliner idea come from?  Because they are clearly not co-headlining in any way.

12 minutes ago, uscore said:

Where did that co-headliner idea come from?  Because they are clearly not co-headlining in any way.

Pretty sure they were noted as a co-headliner when the Park lineup poster came out, but yeah, obviously just a regular sub given their set time. 

57 minutes ago, uscore said:

Pretty sure the original Park announcement stated it, but the page no longer says it. 
it sucks, their last 2 tours have been amazing.