Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

Will they even play older songs though without Tom?  Might be all new stuff.

It’ll be mostly old stuff with a few new’uns in. They’re not stupid and know full well the old material is what people want to hear.

On 6/9/2024 at 6:08 PM, JackP1994 said:

Definitely seems like a lack of secret sets this year. Especially after last year had ‘The Churnups’ as well as the usual TBA on the Park Stage.

?? They might not be names as big as Foo Fighters, but there are plenty of unannounced slots.  Likely to be some bands and plenty of DJ's in this...

FB_IMG_1717869432230.jpg

On 6/9/2024 at 4:52 PM, Euphoricape said:

Will they even play older songs though without Tom?  Might be all new stuff.

On 6/9/2024 at 4:56 PM, Euphoricape said:

That's what I'm hoping. 

They always do, this is the setlist from Kendal Calling last year https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kasabian/2023/lowther-deer-park-penrith-england-4ba4efea.html. Just one song from the latest album at that point (Chemicals, great track), and one from the forthcoming one (Algorithms, also good and has a good sing along bit)

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kasbaian have just announced shows for the week after the G.

Is the poster artwork hinting at the self titled album being played in full or am I reading too much in to it?  Imagine that would be very popular for people at Glastonbury if they did the same there. 

IMG_0548.jpeg

On 6/7/2024 at 10:01 AM, StuwieG said:

Seen Kasabian supporting Noel Gallagher last year. They're not the same without Tom, felt like a tribute band. Serge isn't a great singer/frontman. 

Well it was Tom that supported Noel Gallagher last year so........

43 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Is the poster artwork hinting at the self titled album being played in full or am I reading too much in to it?  Imagine that would be very popular for people at Glastonbury if they did the same there. 

IMG_0548.jpeg

No. It's an album release show for the album out two days later.

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...but as far as I'm aware, they don't use that artwork anymore and the album is 20 years old this year. All to play for, I'd say

"Pre-order the new album HAPPENINGS from our official store by 5pm today for pre-sale ticket access. We'll be playing an exclusive album show at the 02 Academy in Edinburgh on July 3rd, so be fast and get access before general sale!! If you've already pre-ordered the album, don't worry, you're in the mix."

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

"Pre-order the new album HAPPENINGS from our official store by 5pm today for pre-sale ticket access. We'll be playing an exclusive album show at the 02 Academy in Edinburgh on July 3rd, so be fast and get access before general sale!! If you've already pre-ordered the album, don't worry, you're in the mix."

Well, that is a difficult one to counter...so I'll just repeat my point and draw attention to the fact that Liz Truss crashed the economy.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Superscally said:

...but as far as I'm aware, they don't use that artwork anymore and the album is 20 years old this year. All to play for, I'd say

Ive seen them use that artwork in recent years for various things unrelated to the debut album.

1 minute ago, frozenfish said:

Any Richard Hawley potential?

I thought he would be on the lineup this year but he hasn't shown up.  Can't see where he would fit on any of the slots available. The only one  which would make sense would be the Woodsies slot but pretty sure that is going to be Kasabian.

On 6/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, K2SO said:

Well it was Tom that supported Noel Gallagher last year so........

Oh yeah! Haha no wonder it felt like a tribute. Feel like I’ve seen Kasbain supporting someone recently as well but can’t remember who 

Oh I wonder who the TBC could be for this set? Shouldn't take too much brain power to work out. Posted by Phil Hartnoll on FB.

DAD'S n LAD'S TAKeOVER
ARCADIA MINIRIG BUG
SUNDAY EVE-
17.00-18.00- CATO@groovearmada and @spookycashcash
18.00-19.00 ME@philhartnoll and
@conrad.ical
19.00-20.00 @woody_cook and
@ To Be Announced
Very Excited to be Jumping on board The @arcadia Bug Powered By @minirigs On Sunday Evening B2B my Boy Conrad, Sandwiched between some of my favourite DJ's -Loving This .x

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Oh I wonder who the TBC could be for this set? Shouldn't take too much brain power to work out. Posted by Phil Hartnoll on FB.

DAD'S n LAD'S TAKeOVER
ARCADIA MINIRIG BUG
SUNDAY EVE-
17.00-18.00- CATO@groovearmada and @spookycashcash
18.00-19.00 ME@philhartnoll and
@conrad.ical
19.00-20.00 @woody_cook and
@ To Be Announced
Very Excited to be Jumping on board The @arcadia Bug Powered By @minirigs On Sunday Evening B2B my Boy Conrad, Sandwiched between some of my favourite DJ's -Loving This .x

Does this follow a set route around the festival? I’d like to see Phil Hartnoll on it. 

20 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Does this follow a set route around the festival? I’d like to see Phil Hartnoll on it. 

I've only ever seen it stationary whilst people are playing on it but have seen it in different places so not sure how it works. Phil will be playing at the Bimble Inn in a late night slot also B2B with his son so there's another change to see him.