Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

14 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Any guesses for the Transgressive Takeover? On paper it always promises so much. Transgressive has amazing acts. Yet last year after I’d heard who was there I was quite grateful I hadn’t queued to get into the rabbit hole.  

I don't know,  but moonchild sanelly is playing earlier that day and is on Transgressive so seems likely if I was to have a guess at 1 act. 

Alvvays are also on Transgressive in Europe. Not sure if they are free on the Friday, but are on Woodsies on Sunday so potentially if they are on site early.

Yannis & the Yaw don't have any live dates until September so think they are unlikely. 

All just stabs in the dark.

Sometimes it does come out early though. I remember one year defo knowing it would be mystery jets and arlo parks. 

6 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I don't know,  but moonchild sanelly is playing earlier that day and is on Transgressive so seems likely if I was to have a guess at 1 act. 

Alvvays are also on Transgressive in Europe. Not sure if they are free on the Friday, but are on Woodsies on Sunday so potentially if they are on site early.

Yannis & the Yaw don't have any live dates until September so think they are unlikely. 

All just stabs in the dark.

Sometimes it does come out early though. I remember one year defo knowing it would be mystery jets and arlo parks. 

Alvvays busy all weekend so won’t be them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

what does this mean? are they playing more than one set?

Alvvays are playing gigs away from Glastonbury on the Fri and Sat, so would not likely be available for any other sets on the Farm other than on the Sunday - for which there is no evidence of them doing!

Ben

25 minutes ago, kugglaw said:

what does this mean? are they playing more than one set?

I had suggested they could have been at the Transgressive takeover on the Friday night (which doesn't have the bands announced) because they are signed to Transgressive.  But I hadn't seen that they had other gig commitments over the weekend so they aren't going to be at Glasto until Sunday.  I was only speculating, there was never anything to suggest that they were playing more than one set.

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I had suggested they could have been at the Transgressive takeover on the Friday night (which doesn't have the bands announced) because they are signed to Transgressive.  But I hadn't seen that they had other gig commitments over the weekend so they aren't going to be at Glasto until Sunday.  I was only speculating, there was never anything to suggest that they were playing more than one set.

Ah got you! Do we reckon the transgressive takeover will be bands then or just DJ sets? 

Adding it to my list

17 hours ago, kugglaw said:

Ah got you! Do we reckon the transgressive takeover will be bands then or just DJ sets? 

Adding it to my list

It is usually both, maybe a couple of bands with DJ's in between.  People like Mystery Jets, Arlo Parks (when she was much smaller), let's eat grandma have played to give you an idea of size.  I've never actually been because it is usually a queue to get in. 

On 6/1/2024 at 4:24 PM, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Just bumping this - does anyone know if it it’s still possible to get an SMS text for @secretglasto tweets like it used to be? Was so useful on the farm last couple of years 

Last year someone set up a Telegram feed which worked perfectly (uses less data than twitter I think).

Anyone know if a feed has been set up for this year? Or know how to set one up? I'd happily contribute to the cost 

I've heard from a Charli XCX fan who is usually in the know that she may well be the Sunday TBA. She's coming back from her US tour to just do a DJ set at 1am on the back of her biggest album campaign to date. Would certainly seem weird to not play a proper set, especially considering she's not got other shows planned over here and she lives in the US.

5 hours ago, K2SO said:

I've heard from a Charli XCX fan who is usually in the know that she may well be the Sunday TBA. She's coming back from her US tour to just do a DJ set at 1am on the back of her biggest album campaign to date. Would certainly seem weird to not play a proper set, especially considering she's not got other shows planned over here and she lives in the US.

TBA on which stage?