Secret Sets 2024!

Billy Shears

With early 2000s dance/indie act self confirming in FB that they are playing on Thursday 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pwTzW4UCA8kRx6tM/

But not appearing on the lineup or the app, could they well be a TBA on Thursday somewhere? If so I'm not sure where because I can't imagine it being the Little More Sensation stage.

Edited by Gutterflower
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gutterflower said:

With early 2000s dance/indie act self confirming in FB that they are playing on Thursday 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pwTzW4UCA8kRx6tM/

But not appearing on the lineup or the app, could they well be a TBA on Thursday somewhere? If so I'm not sure where because I can't imagine it being the Little More Sensation stage.

Maybe there's a secret new stage where all the prog/trance/90s electronic acts that would normally be on The Glade are playing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, K2SO said:

I've heard from a Charli XCX fan who is usually in the know that she may well be the Sunday TBA. She's coming back from her US tour to just do a DJ set at 1am on the back of her biggest album campaign to date. Would certainly seem weird to not play a proper set, especially considering she's not got other shows planned over here and she lives in the US.

When I checked out the Boiler Room set she played I was surprised at just how much stuff she played from Brat.  So even though it is a DJ set I think it is going to be very Brat (mixes) heavy.

The logic of why she would play holds  and so on that basis she could be the guest, put it one way, it is more likely than many of suggestions in the thread as she is going to be playing the festival anyway. On the flipside, I think she would come back for "just" a high profile DJ set though and to enjoy the festival.

Personally, if she did turn out to be the unannounced set at Woodsies on the Sat I would be in a real conundrum because of the Bloc Party clash.

I still reckon it's Kasabian though.

42 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

When I checked out the Boiler Room set she played I was surprised at just how much stuff she played from Brat.  So even though it is a DJ set I think it is going to be very Brat (mixes) heavy.

The logic of why she would play holds  and so on that basis she could be the guest, put it one way, it is more likely than many of suggestions in the thread as she is going to be playing the festival anyway. On the flipside, I think she would come back for "just" a high profile DJ set though and to enjoy the festival.

Personally, if she did turn out to be the unannounced set at Woodsies on the Sat I would be in a real conundrum because of the Bloc Party clash.

I still reckon it's Kasabian though.

I personally do not think it's Kasabian. At this point, I think Charli is most likely, followed by Kings of Leon.

It feels as though, to me, that Kasabian was mentioned by somebody a while ago and then it just stuck. Kings of Leon at least posted a lot of stuff teasing Glastonbury a while ago.

Kasabian have not made a single hint at playing a set at the festival, and it's honestly not the sort of thing they do. I can only recall Kasabian doing a surprise set once in all the years I've followed them, and that was a 3 song acoustic set at a European festival in 2011

On 6/1/2024 at 4:24 PM, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Just bumping this - does anyone know if it it’s still possible to get an SMS text for @secretglasto tweets like it used to be? Was so useful on the farm last couple of years 

We are just finalising a work around and will Tweet about it shortly. Just in the final stages of testing

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, K2SO said:

Kings of Leon at least posted a lot of stuff teasing Glastonbury a while ago.

They were teasing Glastonbury when it was the anniversary and also when they had tickets for their own tour and BST to sell. 

Their window of opportunity is very fine, given they're in Austria on the Thursday and BST Sunday, so it's not impossible, but maybe they'll keep their powder dry for their own big show.

Still can't see past this from the Killers. GSH from Thursday for a week. Theyre on site every year now.

20 years to the day (and almost the hour) since their 04 performance.

image.thumb.png.2e1c5049151e53a5374f6660028b35c6.png

"New Bands" tent 2004

image.thumb.png.7e705a3f27184562a0d5a353ebacfef1.png

Remember when The Churnups were absolutely definitely 100% Pulp?

Edited by The Nal

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Still can't see past this from the Killers. GSH from Thursday for a week. Theyre on site every year now.

20 years to the day (and almost the hour) since their 04 performance.

image.thumb.png.2e1c5049151e53a5374f6660028b35c6.png

"New Bands" tent 2004

image.thumb.png.7e705a3f27184562a0d5a353ebacfef1.png

Remember when The Churnups were absolutely definitely 100% Pulp?

And in 2017 when we were certain that Gorillaz were playing somewhere... Didn't we end up with Elbow?

Edited by K2SO

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yep. People are liars.

I just really can't see this secret set being Kasabian. For me, there are so many other acts out there that make more sense than them. It just seems like at some point, someone went "Oh yeah Kasabian will do that secret set" and then people latched on to it.

It's been similar in the R+L sphere. For the last 3 or 4 years, people have been certain Kasabian are headlining, then they just end up at Latitude

7 hours ago, kugglaw said:

Randomly met someone who is actually playing in a big-ish and they said they heard a rumour that Radiohead are playing a secret set. I think it's BS, personally. But just goes to how little anyone actually knows. 

Thom and Johnny currently still in The Smile mode. They have all said that getting Radiohead up and running each time is a lot of work, they haven't got anything in the pipeline,  It ain't gonna be Radiohead. 

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Thom and Johnny currently still in The Smile mode. They have all said that getting Radiohead up and running each time is a lot of work, they haven't got anything in the pipeline,  It ain't gonna be Radiohead. 

Yeah, as I said - BS. But the fact the person who told me this is also playing themselves was noteworthy.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, K2SO said:

I personally do not think it's Kasabian. At this point, I think Charli is most likely, followed by Kings of Leon.

It feels as though, to me, that Kasabian was mentioned by somebody a while ago and then it just stuck. Kings of Leon at least posted a lot of stuff teasing Glastonbury a while ago.

Kasabian have not made a single hint at playing a set at the festival, and it's honestly not the sort of thing they do. I can only recall Kasabian doing a surprise set once in all the years I've followed them, and that was a 3 song acoustic set at a European festival in 2011

They surprise headlined a stage at T one year. Think it was the Pet Sounds when that was a thing.

16 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

@mr flow I’ve managed to get secretglasto SMS set up again. Instructions on their latest tweet. Bit of a faff but if I can manage to set it up most others should be ok. So grateful they found a way to make it work again. I think you’re maybe involved and if so a HUGE thank you. Love getting to the secret sets 

Any chance someone can paste the instructions in here? I deleted X and Musk has made it virtually impossible to find a specific post without an account.