New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

I would 100% return to Holt Farm, but have a feeling that it will be much more expensive next year. 

The walk from the car park to the tent was very short in comparison. Our walk was 10 mins, flat, easy. 

The walk from gate D to holt farm was a stones throw. 

The security and staff are fantastic, so friendly and helpful. We felt very safe. Our wristbands were thoroughly checked when entering each time even at those wobbly early hours of the morning. 

The camping set up itself is great if you like a less cramped campsite. The 5 x 5 pitches are laid out in rows of two, with nice big walk ways between. Very spacious and nobody is camped on the fence line. 

It is a quieter campsite, even in general. I’ve had some of the best sleep I’ve ever had at Glastonbury. All our camping neighbours were also sensible, respectful and friendly. 

The shower and toilet facilities are great, there’s a queue for showers if you use them at peak time but that’s to be expected. There is a lot of showers so the queue doesn’t take long. Lots of portaloo style toilets, always clean. A good selection of food and drink vendors, a small shop, and a lovely chilled bar with lots of comfy seating. The pamper parlour is a great plus, only downside is that hairdryer socket usage is limited so again, expect to queue if at peak times. 

I think Holt Farm is great and if I’m lucky enough to get tickets for next year I would definitely pay to return. Just hoping the price increase isn’t too high. 

Edited by cb4747
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

We’ve stayed at Tangerine Fields, has anyone here done both? Wondering how they compare. 

Don’t really want to big up Holt Farm too much as it was bloody brilliant and if I’m lucky enough to get a ticket next year, I’d be back in a heartbeat! Biggest difference for me is getting to use your own tent, which is invariably better than any pre-pitched option. Having adjacent pitches pre-booked was great, could arrive at different times and just throw the tents up beside each other. Neighbours were to a tee as they would have been had we gone to our usual spot in Lime Kiln (judging by how empty LK looked, it may well have been the same folk that camp there most years!). Flat pitch was a novelty and nice not waking up in a crumpled heap at the end of my tent each morning. Never been one for showering at festivals, but this year had one every day as it was so convenient and felt like a new man after each one! Campsite bar was great too, fire pits on the go at night, so we stopped there for a nightcap on the way home if it was still open (closed at 3 so didn’t always make it). Location was great, right outside PGD. Parked literally 50 feet from the entrance, and pitch was another 100 yards inside. Definite win from me. Wonder what the price will be next year as they have a lot of wiggle room below the current PYO price in love fields. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had problems getting a refund for their deposit from Mastercharge who were renting out the portable power banks?

When we left on Monday morning apparently the guy hadn't turned up for his shift because he managed to blag a wristband the night before, so Holt Farm were taking them with contact details but I'm yet to get the deposit back. I've tried contacting Mastercharge twice but they've ignored me.

Me and our gang made a pact to slag it off so there was less demand next year, but I don't have the heart.  It was game changing.

We'd booked 6 pitches across our group and had emailed them to ask if they could be grouped together.  Sure enough, a block 6 (2x3) at the end of one row, literally a minute from where we parked.  Flat, no stones, 100 metres from a water tap and 2-3 minutes walk to the showers and toilets.

There were 60 showers in total, 40 portaloos and separate area for washing hair in sinks/brushing teeth.  If you arrived before 8:00am, no queues.  After that until maybe 10:30-11, queues got quite long but seemed to move fairly quickly.

Bar and chill out space was great.  Didn't try the sauna (2 converted horse boxes) or plunge pool (3 barrels).  Breakfast options were shite though.  2 vans with either bacon, sausage or veggie bap only for £7 each and looked like they'd been sat on.  The ladies in the group loved the pamper tent, looked to be around 20-odd dressing tables with "Hollywood" mirrors and power for dryers, straighteners etc.

Bang outside gate D, but the advertised walking times to main stages were way longer than advertised.

Surprisingly, it wasn't close to full at any point.  We were amongst the first to arrive (Weds lunchtime) and even by Friday morning our field still had loads of empty pitches.  Glancing at the others, looked like they did too.  When we went to bed Sunday about 1:00am, they were over half empty already.

Left at 9:30am and pissed out out of the site.  Slow traffic but never really stopped for extended periods.

If we're smiled on again in October, will definitely rebook.  I'd heard that those who booked this year will also get priority, but it was only word of mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Was the parking not the issue ? Couldn’t sell anymore parking passes so that prevented further bookings ? Where did people go that couldn’t park there ? Standard carparks ? And then trek ? 

No idea mate, but from what I saw, there was space in the car park we were in and they hadn't pushed the cars that close together either.  Bags of room.

Has anybody done Love Fields and this?

How do they compare?

Are the walking distances to the gate / stages as short? (Love Fields is crazy short compared to Sticklinch, something like 200 steps from the Love Fields entrance and you're in the middle of the Theatre field, Sticklinch was a bit of a trek.) 

Can you pull your car up to your pitch and offload your metric f**ktonne of beer? 

Obviously the pitches are smaller, but if you're in a group do they allow overlaps? And do they allow gazebos etc in your pitch(es) if you have free space?

Love Fields pricing is increasing exponentially, I dread to think what they'll want next year, so even at twice the price, if this ticks 'some' of the boxes, it would be worth looking at. From what I've read here so far, toilets, showers and even a bar all seem very very good for the price. 

19 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Has anybody done Love Fields and this?

How do they compare?

Are the walking distances to the gate / stages as short? (Love Fields is crazy short compared to Sticklinch, something like 200 steps from the Love Fields entrance and you're in the middle of the Theatre field, Sticklinch was a bit of a trek.) 

Can you pull your car up to your pitch and offload your metric f**ktonne of beer? 

Obviously the pitches are smaller, but if you're in a group do they allow overlaps? And do they allow gazebos etc in your pitch(es) if you have free space?

Love Fields pricing is increasing exponentially, I dread to think what they'll want next year, so even at twice the price, if this ticks 'some' of the boxes, it would be worth looking at. From what I've read here so far, toilets, showers and even a bar all seem very very good for the price. 

Compared to pyo in love fields, the price is significantly lower if there is more than one person per pitch (technically as low as £50 pp as price is per pitch not per person…think it’s £280+pp in love fields). No problem overlapping into pitches that are all part of the same booking (and they weren’t very strict on massive tents poking outside the individual pitch either). It is literally right outside PGD (though obviously PGD brings you into camping not a field with any stages, so still need to walk a fair bit but no more than camping inside the fence at one of the campsites further out from the action). We parked right in front of the entrance and our pitches (3 together) were about a 100 yard walk inside. Shortest walk ever from car to tent. Both Quiet(ish) and General were basically quiet camping, but Quiet(ish) used the car park right outside the entrance. We got 6 halo 300 sized tents on 3 pitches with a big area left to sit in, but the spaces between the rows were huge anyway, so it never felt cramped. No gazebos allowed (which I agree with anyway!). Vowed to go back next year if we are lucky on t’day, it was great. Bar was also really nice either to finish the night or before heading in. Pizza truck was good, coffee was excellent and had 2 queues (regular and speedy which served tea and filter coffee). They had these Mongolian tea buns my mates raved about (I’m off sugar so didn’t have one). The girls running it were sound and gave me ice and milk on Friday evening to make White Russians before we went in (I did make them one too of course). Breakfast places didn’t look great, but as I don’t really do breakfast baps anymore, it made no odds to me! Loads of showers (don’t normally bother, but it was easy (no queue outside of about 8.30-11am) and it was a hot week so I did every day). Toilets were immaculate and plentiful. They were really responsive to queries before the festival and dropped the lead booker being a requirement and just got names and booking references to hand out wristbands. Security staff were sound, thorough and very professional. Neighbours were all great as well. Like @4AssedMonkey, didn’t really want to go on about it too much as it’ll sell out a lot quicker next year, but really don’t have a bad word to say about the place, was excellent all round. Don’t want to give them ideas, but I’d go for it at twice the price. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Don’t want to give them ideas, but I’d go for it at twice the price. 

SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!! 😉 

10 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Compared to pyo in love fields, the price is significantly lower if there is more than one person per pitch (technically as low as £50 pp as price is per pitch not per person…think it’s £280+pp in love fields). No problem overlapping into pitches that are all part of the same booking (and they weren’t very strict on massive tents poking outside the individual pitch either). It is literally right outside PGD (though obviously PGD brings you into camping not a field with any stages, so still need to walk a fair bit but no more than camping inside the fence at one of the campsites further out from the action). We parked right in front of the entrance and our pitches (3 together) were about a 100 yard walk inside. Shortest walk ever from car to tent. Both Quiet(ish) and General were basically quiet camping, but Quiet(ish) used the car park right outside the entrance. We got 6 halo 300 sized tents on 3 pitches with a big area left to sit in, but the spaces between the rows were huge anyway, so it never felt cramped. No gazebos allowed (which I agree with anyway!). Vowed to go back next year if we are lucky on t’day, it was great. Bar was also really nice either to finish the night or before heading in. Pizza truck was good, coffee was excellent and had 2 queues (regular and speedy which served tea and filter coffee). They had these Mongolian tea buns my mates raved about (I’m off sugar so didn’t have one). The girls running it were sound and gave me ice and milk on Friday evening to make White Russians before we went in (I did make them one too of course). Breakfast places didn’t look great, but as I don’t really do breakfast baps anymore, it made no odds to me! Loads of showers (don’t normally bother, but it was easy (no queue outside of about 8.30-11am) and it was a hot week so I did every day). Toilets were immaculate and plentiful. They were really responsive to queries before the festival and dropped the lead booker being a requirement and just got names and booking references to hand out wristbands. Security staff were sound, thorough and very professional. Neighbours were all great as well. Like @4AssedMonkey, didn’t really want to go on about it too much as it’ll sell out a lot quicker next year, but really don’t have a bad word to say about the place, was excellent all round. Don’t want to give them ideas, but I’d go for it at twice the price. 

Wicked reply, thanks. Sorry those who found it first, but I might just be sold... 🙈😂 We were talking about just going in to general next year, but at this price, or anywhere near it, seems like a no brainer. 

Out of interest though, why do you agree with no gazebos, if the pitches are marked and they're kept within the pitches? Gazebos have been a god send during some of the sunnier mornings for getting some shade, or even sleeping under if the tent gets too hot. I mean, I get it in the festival, as they take up valuable space, but with marked out pitches, I can't imagine why anybody would have an issue with it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Out of interest though, why do you agree with no gazebos, if the pitches are marked and they're kept within the pitches? Gazebos have been a god send during some of the sunnier mornings for getting some shade, or even sleeping under if the tent gets too hot. I mean, I get it in the festival, as they take up valuable space, but with marked out pitches, I can't imagine why anybody would have an issue with it? 

I've worked at at least one Festival where Gazebos are considered a H&S issue rather than space. The idea being that if they're not properly secured (and lets be honest, most aren't), and the wind gets up then they go flying all over the shop.

Edit to add: There's also a strong perception amongst festival management, correctly in my view, that Gazebos are far more likely to be left as waste than tents etc given that so many of them are cheap and nasty and break on first assembly.

Edited by incident

12 minutes ago, incident said:

I've worked at at least one Festival where Gazebos are considered a H&S issue rather than space. The idea being that if they're not properly secured (and lets be honest, most aren't), and the wind gets up then they go flying all over the shop.

Yeh I get that to be fair. Some people still bring those (basically disposable) cheap white click together poled variants... I guess the erm, let's say less informed folks, ruin it for everybody.

We obviously bring a commercial pop up that could withstand a hurricane, never mind a stiff glasto breeze. (The very same ones we had stood, in the beer garden, for over a year during lockdowns.)

They weigh a hell of a lot, and so wouldn't work if you have to carry them any distance, but the plus side is they don't move, even unsecured (though we do secure them.) 

Not affiliated but can highly recommend if anybody is ever in the market for one... https://gorillagazebos.co.uk/

(Whatever you do, never, ever, buy those ones with the white poles that click together, they really are utterly useless in any kind of weather.) 

Edited by Alvoram

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Was the parking not the issue ? Couldn’t sell anymore parking passes so that prevented further bookings ? Where did people go that couldn’t park there ? Standard carparks ? And then trek ? 

Wasn't that the Sticklinch problem?

On 6/30/2024 at 6:28 AM, cb4747 said:

The walk from the car park to the tent was very short in comparison. Our walk was 10 mins, flat, easy. 

2 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Shortest walk ever from car to tent. 

These two don't add up in my book. Lovefields parking is always very convenient - in the row down the side of the grounds (facing Acoustic stage) or up by the checkin desk. A 10 minute walk would be considered extreme by Love Fields standards, as whenever we've went the car was so close you could almost have one leg in it while you unload your stuff...

Would also be good to know if Holt Farm let you drive up to your pitch to load up/load off like Lovefields do. 

Edited by UEF

54 minutes ago, UEF said:

These two don't add up in my book. Lovefields parking is always very convenient - in the row down the side of the grounds (facing Acoustic stage) or up by the checkin desk. A 10 minute walk would be considered extreme by Love Fields standards, as whenever we've went the car was so close you could almost have one leg in it while you unload your stuff...

Would also be good to know if Holt Farm let you drive up to your pitch to load up/load off like Lovefields do. 

It was average 10 minute walk unless you were in the priority (or disabled?) car park and your tent was in the furthest field from the Glastonbury gates but closest to the car parks. If you were in the main car park you had to walk around the communal areas before you reached the camping area which would be a minimum of about 8 min walk

3 hours ago, UEF said:

No, they don’t.

We were in quiet-ish which was the field on the SW, directly adjacent to the south car park.  Some luck I guess but we ended up parked 100 metres from the entrance and pitched 100 metres inside. That said, I reckon furthest west point of the car park to furthest east pitch would have been about a 10 minute walk.

3 hours ago, UEF said:

If you arrive early enough at Love Fields you can drive to your pitch, same when packing away... Absolutely zero walking... 

Edit: never mind, I see you realise that and were talking about returning to the car. Still leaving this here. 

Edited by Alvoram

3 hours ago, august1 said:

@Toilet Duckdo you mean quiet was the little field nearer to SL with the tiny car park?

Here’s where I parked. We were pitched in Quiet(ish), which was just inside the entrance…Quiet(ish) used a different car park to General, but since both seemed quiet, it made no odds to us. No problem having a beer and a chat in the morning or afternoon (or with neighbours who were doing the same thing), late night we kept it to the festival or the campsite bar. Field itself was pretty big, but smaller than General Holt Farm camping. To get to the festival, we walked through the shower area, then past the bar. Tbh, we normally camp in Lime Kiln, so walk home was not much different except it wasn’t uphill. Everywhere is a trek at Glasto unless you camp beside an area and spend all your time there! Park, Pyramid, Woodsies were about 30 mins in festival traffic, Arcadia/Other/Glade a bit less…

IMG_2402.thumb.jpeg.e2e6da9378e7cce8cb7717cce5a45a5d.jpeg