New pitch your own tent glampsite

StoneCircle

I would 100% return to Holt Farm, but have a feeling that it will be much more expensive next year. 

The walk from the car park to the tent was very short in comparison. Our walk was 10 mins, flat, easy. 

The walk from gate D to holt farm was a stones throw. 

The security and staff are fantastic, so friendly and helpful. We felt very safe. Our wristbands were thoroughly checked when entering each time even at those wobbly early hours of the morning. 

The camping set up itself is great if you like a less cramped campsite. The 5 x 5 pitches are laid out in rows of two, with nice big walk ways between. Very spacious and nobody is camped on the fence line. 

It is a quieter campsite, even in general. I’ve had some of the best sleep I’ve ever had at Glastonbury. All our camping neighbours were also sensible, respectful and friendly. 

The shower and toilet facilities are great, there’s a queue for showers if you use them at peak time but that’s to be expected. There is a lot of showers so the queue doesn’t take long. Lots of portaloo style toilets, always clean. A good selection of food and drink vendors, a small shop, and a lovely chilled bar with lots of comfy seating. The pamper parlour is a great plus, only downside is that hairdryer socket usage is limited so again, expect to queue if at peak times. 

I think Holt Farm is great and if I’m lucky enough to get tickets for next year I would definitely pay to return. Just hoping the price increase isn’t too high. 

Edited by cb4747
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

We’ve stayed at Tangerine Fields, has anyone here done both? Wondering how they compare. 

Don’t really want to big up Holt Farm too much as it was bloody brilliant and if I’m lucky enough to get a ticket next year, I’d be back in a heartbeat! Biggest difference for me is getting to use your own tent, which is invariably better than any pre-pitched option. Having adjacent pitches pre-booked was great, could arrive at different times and just throw the tents up beside each other. Neighbours were to a tee as they would have been had we gone to our usual spot in Lime Kiln (judging by how empty LK looked, it may well have been the same folk that camp there most years!). Flat pitch was a novelty and nice not waking up in a crumpled heap at the end of my tent each morning. Never been one for showering at festivals, but this year had one every day as it was so convenient and felt like a new man after each one! Campsite bar was great too, fire pits on the go at night, so we stopped there for a nightcap on the way home if it was still open (closed at 3 so didn’t always make it). Location was great, right outside PGD. Parked literally 50 feet from the entrance, and pitch was another 100 yards inside. Definite win from me. Wonder what the price will be next year as they have a lot of wiggle room below the current PYO price in love fields.