Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

5 hours ago, Yuri said:

What about Green Day and Strokes to headline in 2025?

Green Day were class at IOW so would massively recommend.

Cant wait till all the rumours start.  Guessing the likes of Biffy Clyro and Amyl and the Sniffers will be about touring everywhere too

57 minutes ago, sisco said:

Green Day were class at IOW so would massively recommend.

Cant wait till all the rumours start.  Guessing the likes of Biffy Clyro and Amyl and the Sniffers will be about touring everywhere too

Unless things have changed, Biffy actively avoid Belgium as they aren't big over there. I saw them at RW 2014, either 4 or 5pm in the afternoon.

My (not very well educated guesses and hopes, in random order);

Oasis (30 years since What's The Story Morning Glory)

Billie Eilish and/or Olivia Rodrigo

Metallica/Pearl Jam (one of the Old Schooler's)

Eminem

What I'll probably get 😉

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Måneskin (with some random reason why they should come again)

Editors/Florence & The Machine

The Cure

Well, silly season has started..

16 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

What I'll probably get 😉

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Måneskin (with some random reason why they should come again)

Editors/Florence & The Machine

The Cure

You forgot about Kings of Leon with a new album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I do expect some acts like KOL and Billie Eilish but surely there’s got to be that 1 massive unexpected one. A U2, Macca, Rolling Stones (ok… maybe I’m expecting too much)

Well, one is allowed to hope, but when was the last time we got a massive unexpected one? I think that actually must be the last time Macca played, which was in 2016 (and it wasn't THAT unexpected then)...

1 minute ago, tmolvik said:

Well, one is allowed to hope, but when was the last time we got a massive unexpected one? I think that actually must be the last time Macca played, which was in 2016 (and it wasn't THAT unexpected then)...

If they book Macca or Radiohead I don't care who else is playing. I'll be there! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tmolvik said:

My (not very well educated guesses and hopes, in random order);

Oasis (30 years since What's The Story Morning Glory)

As unlikely as it is, I would see that in a separate event instead (TW Classic ?). That being said, Liam G alone could work in a co-headline structure.

I expect Sam Fender to be headlining Glastonbury next year with a new record. Could get a co-head spot here given his popularity in Belgium.

Looking at the recent lineups I’m guessing Noel is the most likely Gallagher to appear

Lots of bands will be around with new material and I’m sure crossover with Glastonbury too, few off the top of my head are Vampire Weekend, Amyl and the Sniffers, Blossoms, The XX, Raye, Charli XCX, FredAgain, Courteeners, The Libertines, Richard Ashcroft and Biffy Clyro (although was shot down for that one).    

No idea how some of the above barring Fred would be deemed as headliners there? Stealing from some of the guesses here and other places though I’ll try for:

Pearl Jam, Noel Gallaghers HFB

FredAgain, Vampire Weekend

Kings of Leon, Charlie XcX

Paul McCartney, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Probably extremely unrealistic.

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Looking at the recent lineups I’m guessing Noel is the most likely Gallagher to appear

Lots of bands will be around with new material and I’m sure crossover with Glastonbury too, few off the top of my head are Vampire Weekend, Amyl and the Sniffers, Blossoms, The XX, Raye, Charli XCX, FredAgain, Courteeners, The Libertines, Richard Ashcroft and Biffy Clyro (although was shot down for that one).    

No idea how some of the above barring Fred would be deemed as headliners there? Stealing from some of the guesses here and other places though I’ll try for:

I think many of the names are realistic and with difficulties of getting multiple names, you never know. However, NGHFB has never subbed before and I can't think of anything he's done to become bigger recent years. Pearl Jam is probably if they're back in Europe. Should be time for Vampire Weekend and Libertines also soon..

Fred Again filled The Barn, but there is a way from there to Main Stage. Also I think he would be the first "EDM-head" and I doubt that would happen. Subbing for a more po-ish head maybe (Billie Eilish?).

KoL can suddenly appear again, but I doub't RW will let them head again, and if they don¨t head I doubt they will come. Can't see Charlie XCX subbing either. 

PcM would be great and with Nick subbing even better, but I'm doubtful.

Anyway, I still can't understand why Måneskin is a headliner anywhere, so what do I know anymore..

23 hours ago, sisco said:

Wait, Nick Cave subbing McCartney? Will never happen. Cave basically 'replaced' McCartney at TW Classic as a main act. 

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

Wait, Nick Cave subbing McCartney? Will never happen. Cave basically 'replaced' McCartney at TW Classic as a main act. 

See, I don’t know my history like I do with Glastonbury so some of my predictions will be all over the place!

Sure it’ll be a great lineup being the 50th anyway

If Paul McCartney plays it will be like with Foo Fighters this year where he gets 2h30m-3h with someone playing essentially 3rd down before him like Royal Blood. They won't waste money on another huge act there for sure

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

Topic about RW but speaking about events on Werchter field, I'm pretty sure we gonna have a Werchter Boutique with Dua Lipa. She had a huge crowd this year from what I heard, she soldout twice the SportPaleis (40k in total) in 2022 with the previous album and she gonna do shows next year (2 Wembley Stadium announced/soldout).

For RWPaul McCartneyBillie Eilish and Imagine Dragons are still my favorite. For the last spot, maybe Eminem, maybe Pearl Jam.

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

If Paul McCartney plays it will be like with Foo Fighters this year where he gets 2h30m-3h with someone playing essentially 3rd down before him like Royal Blood. They won't waste money on another huge act there for sure

Yeah fairpoint.  

One of the members of pearl Jam seemed to imply that is their intentions to come back next year . Hopefully they will make an apperance next year !

>>>> 

@officialament #JeffAment

・・・

Goodbye and thank you, European peeps. Nice to finish strong after a rough middle section:/…hopefully we’re back next year, Londoners and Berliners. @iamdave56

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

One of the members of pearl Jam seemed to imply that is their intentions to come back next year . Hopefully they will make an apperance next year !

>>>> 

@officialament #JeffAment

・・・

Goodbye and thank you, European peeps. Nice to finish strong after a rough middle section:/…hopefully we’re back next year, Londoners and Berliners. @iamdave56

Honestly, it would make sense to see Pearl Jam back. Their new album was released in April this year. They just did a few shows in Europe and some have been cancelled. Do a longer tour to support the new album and play at RW would make sense. They came in 2010-2012-2014-2018-2022. Nothing weird to see them back in 2025. Even if I don't like the band at all and would love something fresh instead.

About the people who hoped to see - or not - RHCP back already in 2025, it won't happen. Chad Smith confirmed they gonna start working on a new album early 2025 when the actual tour is over. With the age of the members, I sadly think it could be their last one...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Archi said:

Honestly, it would make sense to see Pearl Jam back. Their new album was released in April this year. They just did a few shows in Europe and some have been cancelled. Do a longer tour to support the new album and play at RW would make sense. They came in 2010-2012-2014-2018-2022. Nothing weird to see them back in 2025. Even if I don't like the band at all and would love something fresh instead.

About the people who hoped to see - or not - RHCP back already in 2025, it won't happen. Chad Smith confirmed they gonna start working on a new album early 2025 when the actual tour is over. With the age of the members, I sadly think it could be their last one...

Their age? 

3 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Their age? 

Chad is almost 63, Anthony gonna be 62 and same for Flea. They usually take time to record and release an album so gonna be somewhere in 2027 where they gonna be 66 and 65. Then probably a world tour for 2-3 years. Don't get me wrong: they are my favorite band ever and I don't wanna see them stop but I don't wanna see them make one album too many or do shows when they don't have have enough energy to do so - especially thinking about Anthony.