Paul McCartney
The Libertines
Olivia Rodrigo
Blink 182
Fall Out Boy

The Darkness

a handful of them would be lovely. 

image.thumb.png.0754cfdf128c3f2cdc7ccf129ff34b02.png
If you come to Portugal this year at the Vilar de Mouros Festival you will get 2 names, 1 day for €50 😁

On 7/19/2024 at 7:10 AM, sisco said:

FredAgain has a new album ready.  Got to put him right in the frame for next year

Yeah Fred Again will capitalise on what he can because that type of act isn't going to keep going for years and years. He'll have his moment but fairplay to him

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah Fred Again will capitalise on what he can because that type of act isn't going to keep going for years and years. He'll have his moment but fairplay to him

Yea can certainly see him doing it.  Would work well with a strong ish band sub 

Decided we’re not even trying for Glastonbury next year so Wertcher it is whatever the lineup

On 7/21/2024 at 12:02 PM, sisco said:

Yea can certainly see him doing it.  Would work well with a strong ish band sub 

Decided we’re not even trying for Glastonbury next year so Wertcher it is whatever the lineup

I'm going to try for werchter in 2026 for the fallow 

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'm going to try for werchter in 2026 for the fallow 

Never thought I’d say it but Glasto doesn’t really bother me.  Had a lot of fun trying something new this year.

2 minutes ago, graceunderpressure said:

Same here, Done both and consider this a much better festival than Glasto

Done Glasto so many times and missed out on tickets this year, went to iow fest and had the best time so I’ve decided trying new things has to be a good thing!  Roll on next year

32 minutes ago, sisco said:

Never thought I’d say it but Glasto doesn’t really bother me.  Had a lot of fun trying something new this year.

That's fair. We're going for one more year but it's doesn't have the spark it once did. I can imagine at this point there being multiple festivals purely based on music that better Glasto 

20 hours ago, sisco said:

I do want to get to the stage where I can do Other things end of June instead. Holidays where the weather is nice or an early June holiday. I wouldn't work Glastonbury weekend though so even if I took like Friday to Sunday and had a week away lol

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I do want to get to the stage where I can do Other things end of June instead. Holidays where the weather is nice or an early June holiday. I wouldn't work Glastonbury weekend though so even if I took like Friday to Sunday and had a week away lol

All it took me was missing out on tickets once.  Tbf, not got the fear of missing someone on the lineup either as I’ve seen pretty much every big act I want to

1 hour ago, sisco said:

All it took me was missing out on tickets once.  Tbf, not got the fear of missing someone on the lineup either as I’ve seen pretty much every big act I want to

Ah I've missed out on the sale a couple of times but still wanted to go.

You've got a family though do you not?, I've only got me to think about.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Ah I've missed out on the sale a couple of times but still wanted to go.

You've got a family though do you not?, I've only got me to think about.

I have indeed, but they won’t be coming to that with me 😂.  The summer fest is always with the lads.

Jack White another name to add to the possible list for next year

11 hours ago, Archi said:

I guess Benson Boone will do some festivals next Summer. The hype is huge, same in Belgium. He soldout Forest National in Brussels (8k capacity) in a couple of minutes.

I also thought Noah Khan could be another who would be about and a act of the moment 

9 hours ago, Ohad said:

I think Rex Orange County and The Voidz are possible candidates. I also suspect Tame Impala is on his way to release a new album and tour next year, so fingers crossed.

Yeah another 2 that will be around.  If we keep recommending all these likely acts we’ll have a massively stacked lineup

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Fontaines DC, Amyl and the sniffers and Kneecap announced for Finsbury Park 5th July.  Guess that gives them all a massive chance of being at Werchter

As it is mid-festival, logistics-wise it might as well rule them out. Especially those with somewhat larger productions like Fontaines (and I doubt Kneecap two times in a row).

27 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

As it is mid-festival, logistics-wise it might as well rule them out. Especially those with somewhat larger productions like Fontaines (and I doubt Kneecap two times in a row).

Personally thought a Thursday at RW, day off then Finsbury wouldn’t be hard, but… who knows

On 8/2/2024 at 12:23 PM, sisco said:

Fontaines DC, Amyl and the sniffers and Kneecap announced for Finsbury Park 5th July.  Guess that gives them all a massive chance of being at Werchter

I saw Amyl last year just because they played before the strokes. I didn't know them back then, but I was EXTREMELY entertained. Wouldn't mind catching that show again

Out of interest I noticed RW started announcing their lineup in October for the 2023 festival but not till November for this years.  Was there any reason for the delay this time? Or is it normally sporadic like that? Cheers

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Out of interest I noticed RW started announcing their lineup in October for the 2023 festival but not till November for this years.  Was there any reason for the delay this time? Or is it normally sporadic like that? Cheers

That has varied a bit through the years, but October/November is when the first headliners drop. 

• Thanks 1