Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

6 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

That has varied a bit through the years, but October/November is when the first headliners drop. 

Thanks, one of my mates is on the fence so trying to give him some dates it’ll come.  (Well start coming)

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

Fontaines D.C new album is fantastic  . Hopefully they will play next year 

Presumed they’d play but with their massive gig on the Saturday im a little concerned now. 

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

So it looks like Oasis are about to announce Glastonbury 2025.

Wonder if it will be their only appearance or...

I’d be absolutely amazed if they play Glastonbury tbf. All the gigs start a month after Glastonbury and someone would have paid them absolutely millions and millions to play them, why would they let them do Glastonbury for basically free?! 

Could also be a train wreck being their first gig too

1 hour ago, Archi said:

So in less than 2 days, we could have Oasis and Linkin Park back?! Hope RW will get both of them and make a sick line-up fir their 50th Anniversary!

Oasis, yes please. After them ignoring Blur (and Pulp), here's hope they invite them. 

Linkin Park coming back seems a bit difficult, without their most important member. (Also they were just not very good in 2017). 

Would be surprised if Oasis do much outside UK. Maybe just something cool and special here and there.

If rumours are true they will do Glasto, and 10 dates in Manchester and 10 in London.

20 hours ago, Andrej said:

If rumours are true they will do Glasto, and 10 dates in Manchester and 10 in London.

2 each in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin plus 4 each in Manchester and London, though there appears to be room for more in the latter two.

The release explicitly says only European shows of 2025. So that's not them for Werchter. Not least as the Cardiff shows that start this run are on July 4/5, which are Werchter's Friday and Saturday.

21 hours ago, sisco said:

2026 makes sense though if they’re still touring 

As I said…

Theyre doing America too after the uk dates.  I expect that’ll be it and then take big paydays at Reading & Leeds, Coachella and wherever else will pay them next year 

57 minutes ago, charlierc said:

2 each in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin plus 4 each in Manchester and London, though there appears to be room for more in the latter two.

The release explicitly says only European shows of 2025. So that's not them for Werchter. Not least as the Cardiff shows that start this run are on July 4/5, which are Werchter's Friday and Saturday.

Oh, that´s a shame but hopefully they can make it for 2026 (if they last that long).

I will return to hope for Radiohead and Paul McCartney then;) 

35 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Oh, that´s a shame but hopefully they can make it for 2026 (if they last that long).

I will return to hope for Radiohead and Paul McCartney then;) 

Radiohead would be a dream but sounds difficult for 2025. Hopefully, Jonny has fully recovered by now, but then we need to see what will happen with The Smile and their canceled gigs. They keep working on new music it seems, and they recently released a single (Don't get me started), so a third album is possible. In any case, I'd expect Radiohead to come back only once they are ready to release a new album. I don't see Thom touring based on nostalgia alone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Radiohead would be a dream but sounds difficult for 2025. Hopefully, Jonny has fully recovered by now, but then we need to see what will happen with The Smile and their canceled gigs. They keep working on new music it seems, and they recently released a single (Don't get me started), so a third album is possible. In any case, I'd expect Radiohead to come back only once they are ready to release a new album. I don't see Thom touring based on nostalgia alone.

Yes, I think you are right regarding Radiohead. The only hope is if they decide to roadtest new material like they used to do back in the day. However, it seems more than likely that the Smile releases a third album instead (they have been posting weird album clues the past days). In that case, maybe the Smile returns to tour next summer and can also make up for all the cancelled appearances this month. Of course, assuming Jonny has recovered fully. 

As for sir Paul, he has a full scale tour this autumn in South America and a few dates in Europe so I don´t count him out yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

The new album CutOuts will be out later in the year. I'm pretty sure it's material from the same recording sessions as Wall of Eyes, I'm not sure if they're going to tour it, a few songs from it were already played this year.

• Upvote 1

If rumours for multiple TW Classic and/or boutique days are true (I hope not as they always make RW's lineup thinner), sir Paul could also end up there. But he would be a "special" name for RW50. And if The Smile go back on the road I really hope that RW will do the right thing this time and not miss them for a third time in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, and I'm probably in the minority here, but in regard to the Linkin Park rumours...please don't! Unless they take the "kinda Pop" headliner spot. Even with Chester in 2017, they weren't that great (ok that was also due to the unfortunate programming of placing them after SOAD).

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Oh and Oscar and the Wolf are meant to be playing RW

Really?! Please take a break...

2025: SportPaleis (x2)
2024: Lokerse Feesten, Suikerock, Dour, Beach Festival (all as headliners)
2023: Rock Werchter (sub-headliner)
2022: Pukkelpop (co-headline), SportPaleis (x2)