Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

22 hours ago, Archi said:

Really?! Please take a break...

2025: SportPaleis (x2)
2024: Lokerse Feesten, Suikerock, Dour, Beach Festival (all as headliners)
2023: Rock Werchter (sub-headliner)
2022: Pukkelpop (co-headline), SportPaleis (x2)

I must say, I've seen over 150 international acts (I guess it's not that much in this forum), some of the most appreciated performers of almost any genre, but if there's one act I can never get enough of is OATW. I've seen them 5 times (and I don't even live in Europe, that's saying something), in completely different settings (from the RW mainstage to a private company concert with just a 100 attendees) and each time was mesmerizing. I think RW 25 is unlikely, but I won't complain!!

On 8/27/2024 at 9:19 AM, sisco said:

Oh and Oscar and the Wolf are meant to be playing RW

What do we think; cheap cash grab from them to feature a Belgian artist on the 50th Anniversary. Or genuine cause for optimism that they've got a once-in-a-generation festival exclusive (Springsteen, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac etc) so had to book someone cheaper?

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Paul Mccartney/Oasis/Billie Eilish/Radiohead as headliners.

(I know Oasis are ruled out and Radiohead unlikely)

I’d say your guess is pretty bad then 😂

11 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Paul Mccartney/Oasis/Billie Eilish/Radiohead as headliners.

(I know Oasis are ruled out and Radiohead unlikely)

RW: here is Oscar and the Wolf, Linkin Park, Imagine Dragons, Kings of Leon, Goldband and Royal Blood again. 😅

I find it hard to settle on three. I've got Biffy and Pearl Jam so far. 
I also have undercard ideas that I'd like too. 

I must admit, all the OATW chat made me go look them up (I'm not 'with it' these days it seems). I don't think I had registered their existence. I would likely go see something else if they were on though - like A Perfect Circle, NIN or Alice in Chains as someone further up suggested!

1 hour ago, The Black said:

Source please!? Dying to see them again.

I doubt he will disclose his source but Andrej has been spot on before. NIN in Manchester in 2022 was one of the best gigs I went to. Will definitely do multiple gigs if they tour Europe next year.

1 hour ago, Boss89 said:

image.thumb.png.cd2fb3fd9697637ad96fde07963315cd.png

Perhaps my favourite festival ever this, remember the run of Friday > Saturday like it was yesterday. Leaving Snow Patrol to see Belgium beat Brazil 2-1 in the World Cup, having an absolute party in Klub C with Franz Ferdinand through into The Killers into the party in the Hive on the night. 

Fast forward 24 hours and seeing England reach the WC Semi Finals, then seeing Fleet Foxes, Jack White and Pearl Jam before even more carnage in the Hive.

As I say, possible my favourite ever run during a festival. Never known an atmosphere like it and the other bands we seen those days (plus the other 2) were mostly brilliant as well.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

That was a truly great edition. I especially remember Sunday being packed. Arctic Monkeys, NIN, Nick Cave, Eels, David Byrne, Noel Gallagher etc. all in the same day. 

That day was almost too good. I remember having to run between stages after NGHFB to be at The Academic on time. It was so much easier back then.

Great memories of the Friday too. CHVRCHES > Belgium/Brazil > the end of Franz Ferdinand > The Killers was something else.

• Like 1