Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

So Linkin Park and Oscar & The Wolf are the 2 main rumours so far.

Other Possible Names (some much more possible that others but all been mentioned):

Pearl Jam

Olivia Rodrigo

FredAgain

Justin Timberlake 

Billie Eilish

Blink 182

Eminem

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Metallica

Imagine Dragons

Jack White

With a quick tour in less than 3 weeks time right before festival lineup announcement season? I'll be shocked at rock festivals that DON'T have Linkin Park playing next year. Personally thought they'd do a much bigger tour of their own but this seems to suggest otherwise

Just now, BenG92 said:

With a quick tour in less than 3 weeks time right before festival lineup announcement season? I'll be shocked at rock festivals that DON'T have Linkin Park playing next year. Personally thought they'd do a much bigger tour of their own but this seems to suggest otherwise

Anything under Live Nation will no doubt happen mate.  

49 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I dont know which EU festivals are owned by Live Nation, but in the press release it says heavy festival touring and that Live Nation does the tour. So all fest that fall under LN umbrella should have Linkin Park.

I am guessing Rock am ring / Park - Werchter - Mad Cool - Download etc.

Where is the press release that says about festivals? Cheers

Those who have previously attended from abroad, what's the best accommodation plan for Werchter?

If I decide to go it's a possibility I'll be solo - Had a brief look at hotels in Leuven and the few that are available are around £1000 for the four nights. Am I right in thinking there's no way of getting back to Brussels after the final acts have finished? 

No issue with camping but it would need to be pre-pitched as I'd be flying over from England. Would ideally want to stay within a budget of around £100 per night for accommodation

4 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Those who have previously attended from abroad, what's the best accommodation plan for Werchter?

If I decide to go it's a possibility I'll be solo - Had a brief look at hotels in Leuven and the few that are available are around £1000 for the four nights. Am I right in thinking there's no way of getting back to Brussels after the final acts have finished? 

No issue with camping but it would need to be pre-pitched as I'd be flying over from England. Would ideally want to stay within a budget of around £100 per night for accommodation

There are a few special night trains. So you can take it back to Brussels everyday. But you'll need to buy train tickets to do Brussels-Leuven for 3 days because the combi ticket only gives you one return.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archi said:

There are a few special night trains. So you can take it back to Brussels everyday. But you'll need to buy train tickets to do Brussels-Leuven for 3 days because the combi ticket only gives you one return.

That's perfect - wasn't aware of this. Cheers 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

We stayed at the Irish College in Leuven this year.  It is an actual college that operates as a hotel for its spare accommodation, and there were plenty of Werchter-goers staying there.  I'm sure the first time I tried to book a hotel it wasn't coming up and I only noticed it when I checked back at a later date.  It wasn't cheap as such but still much cheaper than the hotels near the station. It was maybe 25 minutes walk from the station, where the shuttle buses drop you (but it is near the square with many bars and restaurants).

As Archi says there are late trains back to Brussels and that was our original plan but you'd need to time things around which of the later acts you wanted to see and how they fit with shuttle buses etc, because the buses can get very busy.  We decided it was just easier to stay in Leuven and have more flexibility.

We didn't look at pre pitched but there are options there too, though don't know how much it would cost.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

I think I'm right in saying you need to be a special ticket for these, more expensive than the usual Brussels-Leuven ticket?  As said above it was our original plan but we switched before getting as far as booking them.

16 minutes ago, WFD said:

I think I'm right in saying you need to be a special ticket for these, more expensive than the usual Brussels-Leuven ticket?  As said above it was our original plan but we switched before getting as far as booking them.

Yeps, you need yo buy a ticket and it's something like 12-15€. The headliner finishes at 1am and train leaves around 2:30am so you need to hurry in case you wanna see the main act close to the stage. In 2023, ni prob. In 2024, it was way harder, way more people waiting for the bus.

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Linkin Park + Oscar & The Wolf

Billie Eilish

Fred Again + The XX

Pearl Jam

Something like that maybe 

From where does The XX rumor come from? Didn't hear anything about them recently. And I hope not Fred Again. If he's coming to Europe, Tomorrowland could be his place. I see more Oscar And The Wolf with Billie Eilish and hopefully Blink 182 with LP like in 2017.

2 minutes ago, Archi said:

From where does The XX rumor come from? Didn't hear anything about them recently. And I hope not Fred Again. If he's coming to Europe, Tomorrowland could be his place. I see more Oscar And The Wolf with Billie Eilish and hopefully Blink 182 with LP like in 2017.

Wasn’t it Soad and LP?

The XX are doing an album at the moment, more hope for me than anything.

I thought FredAgain new album, want to get whilst hot etc…

Who do you think at the moment?

47 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Pearl Jam / Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Billie Eilish / Paramore

Fred Again.. / Oscar & The Wolf

Linkin Park / Nine Inch Nails

Nick Cave ain't playing before Pearl Jam anymore. He's a downright headliner nowadays. Last time he headlined TW Classic. 

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Linkin Park + Oscar & The Wolf

Billie Eilish

Fred Again + The XX

Pearl Jam

Something like that maybe 

I reckon Olivia Rodrigo in there and Blink below Pearl Jam.

Are OATF going to be two years later again?

The more I look this year RW was decent for me, definitely over 23 and 22. Why on earth did RHCP play two years running.

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The more I look this year RW was decent for me, definitely over 23 and 22. Why on earth did RHCP play two years running.

The rumors said RHCP was booked to replace Billie Eilish or RATM, don't remember. About OATW, someone earlier suggests they were in the talks for 2025. And I don't see a strong sub like Blink 182 for Pearl JamOlivia Rodrigo makes sense, except if she's doing the August run.

49 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I’d be more than happy with both of them tbf.  Some decent names about so far

Someone did mention OATW as a sub to me.

Got some infos yesterday. Seems Billie Eilish won't be at RW... and won't play Belgium at all next year despite the 2 weeks gap in her actual tour schedule. Dua Lipa is coming to Belgium but won't do Werchter Boutique but don't know the confirmed place. Maybe Stade Roi Baudouin? Sadly he didn't tell me anything about the full confirmation but we might have a few surprises as it's the 50th Anniversary. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/6/2024 at 9:17 AM, BenG92 said:

They themselves have said they intend to tour in 2025 so I imagine they'll be at least in the mix for rock festivals that are looking to make bookings.

On 9/6/2024 at 10:03 AM, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

If you're going to go solo, we have a Solo travellers group (or small groups or whatever) that's been going now since 2019 if you want to join and hang with us during the festival. By us, I mean any of the 200+ people in it.

4 hours ago, Archi said:

Got some infos yesterday. Seems Billie Eilish won't be at RW... and won't play Belgium at all next year despite the 2 weeks gap in her actual tour schedule. Dua Lipa is coming to Belgium but won't do Werchter Boutique but don't know the confirmed place. Maybe Stade Roi Baudouin? Sadly he didn't tell me anything about the full confirmation but we might have a few surprises as it's the 50th Anniversary. 

Well that’s a surprise if she doesn’t play, thought she was basically guaranteed. 

All what’s been mentioned to me is they’re taking extra care with the lineup this year 

6 hours ago, Archi said:

Dua Lipa is playing multiple evenings in Antwerp in june. 
Normally is Billie in Werchter next year, this was the plan some time ago. But you know, anything can happen. 

more very very soon, a day event will share news 

Edited by Ken19
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6